Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Remington 700, KRG X-Ray, NF ATACR 5-25x56 MIL-C

Lots more to do on this build.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Was wanting something precise, but didn't need to hit at long range, and didn't want a 10 or 12 pound gun... Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 in .223. Had the barrel shortened to 16.25" and a closed tine Warcomp put on it. Scope is a Nikon M-308. Very well pleased so far. I do wish it had a 1/7 barrel. (it has the 1/9) Can't go over a 69 gr round or it opens up, but it's good for what I need. It loves the 62gr bonded.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

User Info Menu

My 9 twist Savage is similarly limited, but rebarreling is easy. As it is on Howa actions, I believe.

User Info Menu

They are basically a rebranded Howa, and many Weatherby purists get kinds snobby about them, not accepting them as true Weatherby rifles, but if Weatherby is happy enough to put their name on it.. I'm good. This would take a deer if I had to, not that I could with today's laws, and it would stop a bad guy if need be Not that I hope to ever need to. It wouldn't do it at 600 yds through thick cover... but it's very light to carry, and easy to shoot. The M308 scope is actually very close to being right on the money with the BDC reticle when shooting at the different ranges. Only problem is there is no way to use it to get that range... I'm looking for something with a ranging reticle. The accurate holdovers are a great confidence booster at the range, but finding the target distance in the field would be more useful to me. I suck at guessing distance... Tempted to get another Primary Arms 1-8 with the ACSS like I have on my .308 AR.

You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96