• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I am interested in scoping my 91/30, does anyone have experience adding a scope to their Mosin? I have heard of people placing the scope mount in the same location as the leaf sight, but I haven't had any luck finding a kit for that. I don't really want to drill/tap the receiver for a scope mount, and modify the bolt for clearance. Any ideas?

imprimis5

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    Plainfield, IN
    I've looked into it myself, but I lack much of the necessary knowledge to actually take the project on. However, there are some no-gunsmithing-required scope mount kits that might at least be a starting place.

One thing to note, depending on where you put it, you may need to find a different bolt. There are bolts on the Snipers that are bent specifically to allow clearance for the scope.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am interested in scoping my 91/30, does anyone have experience adding a scope to their Mosin? I have heard of people placing the scope mount in the same location as the leaf sight, but I haven't had any luck finding a kit for that. I don't really want to drill/tap the receiver for a scope mount, and modify the bolt for clearance. Any ideas?
    I will try and find my mount...I will just give it to you. I can tell you from experience they are very difficult to maintain a zero with. Grumpe had gander put an original style scope(see my pics)on her carbine and loves it.But at 250 for the scope and 60 for mounting most would not do it on a 80 dollar rifle lol.I think I still have my long eye relief scope as well,if you feel guilty about just accepting for free I can always use a box of ammo lol.PM me

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Thanks for all of the links and help guys, I really appreciate it. Replies like these to questions like mine are what make this site truly invaluable.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Thanks for all of the links and help guys, I really appreciate it. Replies like these to questions like mine are what make this site truly invaluable.

Let me know what you do. I have a 91/30 that'll be arriving in the next week or so and I might want to do the same.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Well, first off I'm taking smokingman up on his offer, and install that setup on my 91/30. Then, I'll consider one of those S&K mounts and LER scope for my M44.

Top Bottom