• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Just got my Dummy Kit installed. This kit works on USGI stocks an fills up that hole where the selector switch is, the space up in front of the OP Handle. I decided to go with the button, rather than the selector level. Mine took some fabrication because my Fed. Ord. receiver was a bit on the wide side. But it fits an gives it a more M14 look. All parts but the mount are from USGI parts so that was cool.
    http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/

picture.php

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    That looks good DragonGunner.
    And thanks for the link. Somehow I'd never found my way over there before.
    I like the button better than the lever too. For one thing the button looks like it is less likely to snag on something. And I just like the looks of it better.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Thanks guys...I asked some other guys an they did say the selector lever was also kinda in the way when you pulled the op rod handle back also...an since they all originally came out with the semi only button to begin with thought it was a good choice...since mine is only semi anyway:(.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thanks guys...I asked some other guys an they did say the selector lever was also kinda in the way when you pulled the op rod handle back also...an since they all originally came out with the semi only button to begin with thought it was a good choice...since mine is only semi anyway:(.

Darn the gubmint and their stupid rules.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Just got my Dummy Kit installed. This kit works on USGI stocks an fills up that hole where the selector switch is, the space up in front of the OP Handle. I decided to go with the button, rather than the selector level. Mine took some fabrication because my Fed. Ord. receiver was a bit on the wide side. But it fits an gives it a more M14 look. All parts but the mount are from USGI parts so that was cool.
    SparrowHawkM14.com

picture.php
    Looks great.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looks great. I finally got my kit from Hawk a month ago. I do wish there was someone else making these. It took 5 months to get mine and several emails and promised ship dates(Hawk lost my order). I should feel fortunate that I got it in only 5 months since some have to wait as long as a year or more to get it. None the less the kit looks good and was easy to install.

Hawk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Howes Cave, NY
    Looks great. I finally got my kit from Hawk a month ago. I do wish there was someone else making these. It took 5 months to get mine and several emails and promised ship dates(Hawk lost my order). I should feel fortunate that I got it in only 5 months since some have to wait as long as a year or more to get it. None the less the kit looks good and was easy to install.

Not sure who you are as some orders were lost in a hard drive crash. Again please accept my apologies.

All kits are currently and will remain in stock as steps have been made to keep them in stock.

With that being said, The "Button" was how most M14 rifles were issued back in the day. Switches were added on the company level. In most cases o those assigned as SAW carriers. Usuallt there were two to a squad.

The switch can get in the way when hand cycling the rifle and can give ya a little bite....LOL I personally like the button.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've seen just a few real M14's but never got to handle one much. I've wondered about that selector switch taking a chunk out of a knuckle.

Hawk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Howes Cave, NY
    I have a switch on mine that I put on for a photo op. Left it on there and the other day I got bit when pulling back the op rod....LOL

I'll go back to the button before my next range outing.

Here's a pic that shows just how much the switch sticks out.

ambi_switch_Bx800_logo.jpg

Top Bottom