• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I had an annoying and persistent problem with my Colt Match-Target, that slowly worsened over time. Every 30 or so rounds the hammer pin would slide out and allow the hammer to bind. Certainly couldn't allow that to continue, so I staked the pin into place with a small round pin punch. One small dent on each side of the lower receiver to keep the pin in place. It defiantly improved reliability, but did I damage the value. My camera is on the fritz, so no pics available.

RH

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I would say if it didnt run before and it does now its not devalued. are you planning to sell it? two great reasons to not worry about it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I disagree, it's completely worthless now. I'm in a generous mood, though, what with the Christmas season and all... I'll take it off your hands for... say... 50 bucks? :lmfao:

Blessings,
    B

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    I woulda gone with some KNS anti-rotation pins
    If I had a clue as to what those are, I probably would have too. But honestly, I never even considered switching pins. Staking popped into my head, and as they say, "the rest is history."

Slab and Dealer,
    Thanks for the morale support guys and no, I do not intend to sell it...ever. The value question was just to satisfy my curiosity.

RH

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Bill of Rights,
    If it ever gets dropped in a vat of acid or ran over by a bulldozer, I will keep your more than generous offer in mind.

Have a nice day.

RH,

Well... it won't be Christmas then, y'see. Besides, I wouldn't want to make you go back on your word to Slab and Dealer. ;)

In all seriousness, no, I wouldn't fleece someone like that. It's one thing to joke about it, quite another to take advantage.

You have a nice day also and as always...

Blessings,
    B

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    you haven't hurt a thing. common enough fix. keep in mind that the pins can't rotate now, which might be a good thing, but you'll want to keep a bit of lubricant on the pins.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I woulda gone with some KNS anti-rotation pins, but to each his own i guess.

Not sure about loss of value though
    +1

As to loss of value... only if the prospective buyer notices it before they buy it, lol. Seriously, you shouldn't go make such drastic moves when viable alternative fixes are available for a few dollars.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I doubt that you hurt the value much. It is a used Colt and it will always have a higher value than another brand, even with a ding or two. I wish I would have bought one of these when they were $650 new.
    I am going to pay three times that now for a New In the Box 6920 LE but I am concerned that they will just keep climbing or dry up all together.

Everyone wants a Colt. Don't worry about your fix.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    you shouldn't go make such drastic moves when viable alternative fixes are available for a few dollars.

Yeah, I know. But it was one of those half ticked off, impatient, spur of the moment decisions. If the problem reoccurs, at least now I know an alternate fix.

AWWW MAN! I just got home from the Dr. office and noticed I had a big blob of syrup in my goatee left over from breakfast. I hope nobody noticed.

RH

Top Bottom