• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Guess I am hopeless. I didn't need to spend the money but I couldn't resist. This is a post war M1 Garand from near the end of the last official serial number range from Springfield Armory.

In case anyone wants to know, I use GIMP2 to save to a much more compressed and smaller picture. These are around 200K each from a 10 megapixel camera. GIMP2 is free.

garand1nt5.jpg

garand2wp0.jpg

garand3hv6.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I haven't even shot my Mosin yet Scutter. I am eager and willing. I only need a place to shoot!

I have the place. You shoulda come to the Mosin shoot! Of course, you didn't have the Garand, but maybe we can somehow back-date the shoot or something. Now where did I leave that TARDIS?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    where did you get it? I mean is it a CMP rifle?

I bought it off of curraheeguns who recently had an HRA Garand for sale here. He bought it off of someone that got it from the original DCM before it became CMP. I wanted the HRA because it would have been made when I was, LOL, but this will do just fine. I would say it is a Correct Grade M1. I am very happy with the purchase.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    eh, your a lucky man!!!!!!! I tell you I kick myself everyday that I didnt buy a garand 10 years ago when I was in college. Back then you could pick one up for next to nothing, or spend a few hundred bucks for a NICE one. Oh well, Ill have one one day, but for now Ive got a Mosin or two ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    eh, your a lucky man!!!!!!! I tell you I kick myself everyday that I didnt buy a garand 10 years ago when I was in college. Back then you could pick one up for next to nothing, or spend a few hundred bucks for a NICE one. Oh well, Ill have one one day, but for now Ive got a Mosin or two ;)

Makes you wonder if 10 years from now your Mosins will be worth $1000 each...

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I went to the CMP last week and picked up a very nice H&R for 595
    not to mention some 30-06 @ .28 cents a round

Farmritch

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I went to the CMP last week and picked up a very nice H&R for 595
    not to mention some 30-06 @ .28 cents a round

Farmritch

Hey Farmritch. Need to be a member of an affiliate to buy from CMP, any suggestions??? I look on their site and the local Affiliate is the American Legion, which means I will have to dig out my DD214. I know I have it around here somewhere.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Hoosier 8
    All the info is on the site
    You need to be a member of an affiliated club ( and to do that you need to be a member of the NRA usually)
    Prove you are a US citizen
    Show proof of marksmanship training .
    It's no biggie
    I believe there are some certain exceptions for veterans
    Also members of Law Enforcement
    You can send all the info by fax to the Alabama office or take it in person to the North store
    Just need to allow enough time to process your info and of course you have to have your papers in order

Farmritch

Top Bottom