• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    These are a lot of fun since there are so many variations. I picked this up from Karlsgunbunker group buy. These M44's were Russia's answer for a CBQ weapon.

The Tula M44's were only made in 1943-44 and many were made on Izhevsk receivers. I took mine apart and the tang has the Izhevsk mark without a date. The stock on mine may or may not be original. It is a late/post war stock. Since it has an artful repair on the lower handgaurd, it is a possible replacement during a rebuild. This has the high wall receiver.

From Soviet Mosin Nagants Built on Earlier Receivers number 30. Mine fits this description but without the added notch.

1944 Tula M44 on Izhevsk receiver of unknown date While the Izhevsk mark is clear on the tang, no original date is evident. The receiver itself fits the pattern of 1943-1944 Tula production. The only difference in these and late 1943-1945 Izhevsk production is the extra notch forward of the stripper clip guide. This notch is usually present only on Tula receivers of this era. See the Mosin Nagant Rifle Receiver Variations page for more information on this. The notch on this example is somewhat crude and it's possible that it was tooled by hand at Tula after delivery of the receiver from Izhevsk. Although technically not an earlier receiver, it is included here because the receiver and barrel have different origins. This M44 is likely an example of the help that was given to Tula when production resumed in it's original location as the Germans were driven back out of the USSR.
    Pics:

m441rn7.jpg

m442lk9.jpg

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a 91/30 and they are awesome at 5' 5" tall with the bayonet. These are a great piece of history at such a good price. I had to pick up Enemy at the Gates again and watch it. I now have a Nagant 1895 pistol like they used on their own jumping off the ships. Now all I need is a PPsh-41.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    beautiful!

i have been looking for a Mosin in that kind of shape around here for awhile now....no luck.

cant really tell- but does the wood on the upper match the rest?

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looks like it except for the repair is a little lighter. It has been spliced in and you can only see one line on the outside. I wanted a Tula because I have not seen them around.

Top Bottom