• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I picked up my new T/C Venture in 243 from Bradis last Saturday. Mounted a Nikon Prostaff 4-12x40 scope on top. Today I went down to Crosley to break her in. I am estatic about how well this gun shoots. T/C guarantees 3 shot groups under an inch at 100 yards. And they were right. I was using Winchester Silver box ammo with the 100 grain soft points. The cheap stuff just to break it in. I'll start reloading my own later. I started out on the 50 yd range just to get on paper. I walked it in to just a little high at 50, then moved to the 100 yd range. On the 100 yd. range with a minor tweak, I nearly shot out the bullseye on an 8" Caldwell Orange Peel target. I had a few fliers but that was it. I couldn't be more pleased with T/C. I had high hopes when I bought it because of my experience with their muzzleloaders. The recoil was next to nothing. The fit and finish has left nothing to be desired. The trigger break was smooth and consistant. A roughly 3.5 lb. triggerpull. And a price in the mid to upper 400. For an entry level bolt action, I'm not sure how you could do much better. And for a shop, I'm not sure you can do much better than Bradis. Mark is, as always, very helpfull and knowlegable. Overall, for everything involved, store, gun, intangibles, I think I give 4.9 stars out of 5. My only complaint is the safty placement. I prefer the safty on top of the stock in the middle. T/C puts it on the right side. Its just a personal preferance. I can't wait to take it out and shoot some more, and strech her legs out a bit. :rockwoot:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Always good to hear happy purchase stories!! Congrats on the new gun, and glad to hear how accurate it is!

Top Bottom