• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I am considering replacing my stock trigger on my AR. Since I only have one AR right now I have it set up for multiple tasks. Ready for battle of the zombies or SHTF situation, and I like to hunt with it as well. So I want double tap and slow 400-500 yard shots. Does a 2 stage trigger reset short like a Glcok for example for quick follow up shots or do you have to go all the way back and pull through both stages every time?

I am starting a 2nd build that I will likely go 18" or 20" with. If that is the case I could put say a 3 Gun quick trigger on my carbine and have a 2 stage on my 2nd build.

Thank you all and happy shooting out there :ar15:

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I've got a couple of AR's with RRA 2 stage trigger and the reset length always felt likea well tuned 1911, slip the finger forward about 1/8" and you're ready to take up the slack.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I have a Jewel trigger system in two of my ARs. They reset with very little movement. They are one of the most adjustable triggers out there!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    +1 on the Jewell system. I have had 5 Jewells, (four of them at once) and they all worked and felt the same. They are very easy to set and keep running well. Also easy to add tension if you shoot in a match that requires a minimum trigger weight.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    With a two stage, when you are making a well aimed precision shot, you take up the first stage. That act uses up over 1/2 the triggers weight. As you fine tune your sight picture, there is only a little bit more trigger pressure needed to break the shot, causing less disturbance of that perfect sight alignment.

In other terms, a very nice match trigger would be 1-1/2 lbs. That would be dangerous on a combat rifle you carry and shoot from all positions. If you have a 1st stage tuned to 3 or more lbs, and the 2nd stage tuned to 1-1/2 lb, you would have a 4-1/2 lb trigger (required for National Match service rifle competition) When making the precision shots at 200 yards standing offhand or 600 yard prone, you would have the practical advantage of a fine trigger. It does not hurt you at all in timed fire events.

If all your shooting is from the hip, rambo machine gun style, it would be of no advantage. If you are very carefully aiming a rifle that is supported only by your hands, two stage is an advantage.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Over-rated

IMO, the RRA 2-stage National Match trigger is way over-rated. It's a lot better than a "standard" AR trigger but that's not saying much. I have a RRA NM, a Jewell, and a Timney. The Jewell and Timney are MUCH better than the RRA NM. The Timney is a 2.5 lb version. The Jewell is at it's lightest setting and is noticeably lighter than the Timney. Please note, our ARs are bench-rest rifles so the lighter, the better.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    IMO, the RRA 2-stage National Match trigger is way over-rated. It's a lot better than a "standard" AR trigger but that's not saying much. I have a RRA NM, a Jewell, and a Timney. The Jewell and Timney are MUCH better than the RRA NM. The Timney is a 2.5 lb version. The Jewell is at it's lightest setting and is noticeably lighter than the Timney. Please note, our ARs are bench-rest rifles so the lighter, the better.

Yes they are much better, but the rra is half the price. As far as value it is quite a well rounded choice.

Tango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Buy a Geissele SSA, trust me, none of the above compare.

Break like a carrot, not like ice.

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    +1 on the geisele, ive got an rra 2 stage also. the rra is the budget way to go and you will probably be happy with it...

Top Bottom