• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Just got a Browning catalog in the mail and whilst reading through it (and resisting the urge to cash out my 401k), I'm trying to determine any substantial difference between the Citori and the Cynergy?

I'm looking specifically at the trap guns and they both look to be pretty much the same (when comparing like features (30" barrel, non-adjustable comb, etc).

Can anyone shed any light on any substantive difference(s)? :dunno:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    When I was looking for my O/U several years ago the Cynergy had just been released. It is an updated design. To be honest I am not sure what the differences are mechanically, but I do remember the receiver has a much thinner profile. The action on the Citori always seemed blocky to me. My suggestion is for you to handle them both and see which one fits better.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    You mean differences other than the Cynergy being butt ugly from hitting every branch on the ugly tree when it fell out of it?

One of the biggest differences is supposed to be much faster lock times with a system that cannot double. The reverse striker system allows for a more compact action.

still ugly tho...

Last edited:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    You mean differences other than the Cynergy being butt ugly from hitting every branch on the ugly tree when it fell out of it?

Are you implying then that the Citori is nice looking?

I am looking at them side by side in the catalog and they look pretty much identical. Are they that different in person? (I'm comparing the Citori XT Trap on page 18 to the Cynergy Classic Trap on page 26).

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    It is the angular lines if the receiver, the trigger guard....you either like it or hate it...to me it just doesn't look right. The lines from the hinge just look wrong to me.

It's like when all the car makers tried to make wedge shaped cars.....blech.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I see that now that you point it out. Doesn't really bother me one way or another, although this is purely academic at this point. If I'm going to chunk down over $3k on a shotgun, I'll have to do a lot more homework.

Although, I'll admit it's all perspective. $3k won't even pay HALF THE SALES TAX on that Holland and Holland I want :)

Top Bottom