• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    Wife fired a S&W 15-22 at the range a couple weeks ago and now says she would love to have one. Found a Mossberg AR style .22 for less then half the cost. Should I just run out now and get the Mossberg, or hold out til I can shell out for the S&W.?
    BTW, she has no idea what she was firing, just thought is was really fun and would like to be able to do it again.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Wait, if you are in NO hurry, and see if you can shoot some more different guns.... a lot of mfg., out there, I am a S&W guy, so I am biased....
    shoot as many, as you can and then decide .....

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've got a Mossberg Tactical .22. Hundreds of rounds through it without any problems. It's actually a fun little plinker.:twocents:

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    If I chose the Mossberg, it would need to be picked up by this weekend, as the window for it's sale will close. My gut says wait for the S&W, but my checkbool says jump now.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    I've gotten nothing but bad feedback on the colt(usually my first choice of biased preference). Since S&W has fixed their glitches on the 15-22, it's gotten top reviews in print and at the proverbial water cooler.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I've gotten nothing but bad feedback on the colt(usually my first choice of biased preference). Since S&W has fixed their glitches on the 15-22, it's gotten top reviews in print and at the proverbial water cooler.

I read the same bad reviews, but I have no idea where they are getting them from. Mine works great out of the box, and is an absolute tack driver.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Between the 2 I would prefer the smith over the mossberg. I have nothing against mossberg, but the mossy .22 ar is just too plastic for me. It really feels like a toy to me. I just like the feel of the m&p .22 better. The mossy functions just fine and is accurate enough in my experience, but if I were able to get the smith I would go that route for sure. Just my :twocents:
    Don't blame you for wanting one though, great way to shoot alot for cheap! :rockwoot:

Good luck with your decision.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    A while back American Rifleman compared 3 or 4 AR-22s head to head and the Mossy lost out big...

Can't seem to find the article right now, but there was a link a while back on here somewhere

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I was in Beach Grove Firearms yesterday and looked at both for my 16 yearold step daughter. At first when I seen the price on the mossy I was ready to jump on it. But after a closer look the whole thing is a molded piece of plastic. I think the smith would be the best way to go. Everything on it functions. I have never owned an ar and I think it would be a good start to learn how one functions.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for the input. Wife has decided she wants th S&W after hearing what everyone has posted, so won't be jumping on Mossberg sale. Smith is what she fired, and knows there won't be any buyers remorse once she has it.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour

Before I got my Colt, I read a lot of bad press on them. But I notice a lot of people dogging them had never shot one.

Only issue I've had with mine was due to bad ammo, duds, because my P22 did the same thing with the same ammo.

My buddy had the Mossberg, it was accurate, but it's really a 702 with tons of plastic. It feels cheap, more like a toy than a real gun.

If your close to Brownstown, you and your wife are welcome to try out my Colt 22. I also have a real Colt to compare it to. The 22 has the look and feel of the real Colt.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thanks for the input. Wife has decided she wants th S&W after hearing what everyone has posted, so won't be jumping on Mossberg sale. Smith is what she fired, and knows there won't be any buyers remorse once she has it.
    Excelent CHOICE !!!!!! did I mention, that I am a BIG S&W fan !!!!!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Top Bottom