• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    What they ^^ said!! The Marlin camp 9! At least they are easier to find than the Camp 45 so you shouldn't have too much problem. Good luck! I may just get one someday to compliment my Camp 45 :D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've had 3-4-5 different Camp 9 rifles in my hands in the last 10 years... Didn't buy any of them because I didn't have the money at the time.

I really like the idea of a NICE 9mm carbine... Getting scarce, even more so. And finding a GOOD one in GOOD condidion is cost prohibitive for me. Of course, even a new Jiminez pistol is cost prohibitive for me... *Sigh*

-J-

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Orion arms here in Jeffersonville, has a Camp 9...$500+ bucks...ouch!, I'd get a Kel-Tec, I'd like one (Kel-Tec or Camp 9) so I could use the 59 mags with my P-11

Last edited:

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I love my Camp 9 ,the same mag thing is good,you just have to keep them clean ,200 rounds and its gummed up above the bolt,then jamb city ! thats why police depts didnt get them like Marlin wanted to go with the 5906 lots of them carried at the time.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have one that I've never fired.

When I tore it down to inspect it (it was the dirtiest used firearm I've ever bought) I found that the buffer was barely a nub. The outside of the rifle was beautiful, the inside was like a swamp. The inside of the barrel is bright though.

Anyways.
    So as soon as I get some replacement buffers and some time, I'm going to have a good time.

So whichever you buy, 45 or 9mm, try to have the seller let you look at the inside. That buffer is very much a weak spot.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    You could always go the Ruger route - a P-series pistol and PC9 carbine (though they are not much easier to find). But the PC9 works great without any cleaning. I used mine for 10 years without a take-down cleaning with no problem. I added a KT Sub 2000 in S&W to the herd, and filed all my 10 round Ruger mags to fit. So I have a bunch of mags that fit either the KT or any of the 9mm P-series pistols/carbines.

My most accurate rounds - 124 grain JHP over 6.2 grains Power Pistol, CCI primer.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hope you find your rifle.

Inspect the stock behind the receiver, ask to remove the 2 screws, and 2 pins to look at the condition of the buffer.

If all looks decent, buy it! Then buy a few more buffers (black dog, I think), and a bunch of 9mm ammo.

I haven't even shot mine yet and I just love the feel and balance of it. And I've had a Hi-Point and Sub 2K, so this is my third 9mm rifle. I really feel like a kid anticipating a major holiday. I've got to get those buffers on order.

Also: there's a you tube guy saying that he's made light mods to his XD mags so that they work in the Camp 9. I'm not a member of the XD battalion (yet), but interesting prospect anyway.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom