• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Just a reminder to clean you guns folks.

Was out shooting a GSG-522 with my dad today, and about 12 rounds into a full drum it decides it would be more fun to fire regardless of if im pulling the trigger or not. I haven't had a chance to tear it appart to see the cause yet, but ill bet anything the firing pin got jammed forward and was just slam-firing.

As a side note the new drums work great, no feed issues at all...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had it happen to me with just the 22rd mags, I use bulk ammo so I would think that would have something to do with it. I strpped it apart cleaned a re-lubed it, not a problem since. Im gonna have to get me one of those drums:D

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Good thing the ATF wasn't around. You could've been charged with possession of unregistered fouling. =)

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My limited experiance with the GSG5, has not impressed me that it is a quality gun.

Now, apparently, its a gun that can get you thrown into prison.

I'll pass tyvm.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Broke it apart this morning and found the issue. A piece of a shell casing had broken off and got jammed in next to the firing pin. That sucker is wedged in there so tightly I can't get it out for love or money.

Prior to this I had been impressed by the gun, now... not so much.

And after the run away fire at the range I did exactly what the ATF suggests doing. Rendered the gun inoperable (by way of a lock thru the extraction port/magwell), put it away and stopped using it till it could be repaired. Debated not sharing with anyone, but figured it would to useful to the community to act as a warning if nothing else.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Broke it apart this morning and found the issue. A piece of a shell casing had broken off and got jammed in next to the firing pin. That sucker is wedged in there so tightly I can't get it out for love or money.

Prior to this I had been impressed by the gun, now... not so much.

And after the run away fire at the range I did exactly what the ATF suggests doing. Rendered the gun inoperable (by way of a lock thru the extraction port/magwell), put it away and stopped using it till it could be repaired. Debated not sharing with anyone, but figured it would to useful to the community to act as a warning if nothing else.
    I like the gun, better now:D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    They do have amazingly customer support though. When I called up today to order another bolt (wasn't exaggerating when I said the casing wasn't coming out... even a hammer didn't help) I was told it was under warranty so they would ship me another one right away at their cost.

May be an iffy gun, but I like they stand behind it.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Would you really get in big trouble if the ATF just happened to come by when this happened. You didn't intentionally make it full auto, it was a malfunction of the firearm or a freak incident that a piece of shell case just happened to lodge in just the right place to make this happen. I would think there would be a little forgiveness especially if you rendered the gun inoperable after the incident. I don't know :dunno:, you are dealing with the federal government. Any thoughts on this?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Would you really get in big trouble if the ATF just happened to come by when this happened. You didn't intentionally make it full auto, it was a malfunction of the firearm or a freak incident that a piece of shell case just happened to lodge in just the right place to make this happen. I would think there would be a little forgiveness especially if you rendered the gun inoperable after the incident. I don't know :dunno:, you are dealing with the federal government. Any thoughts on this?

Even if the ATF happened to be at the range that day I think I would have been ok. All the cases I read where someone got in trouble for it they had modified the gun to have that feature. (the guys name escapes me, but it was the guy who put the m16 fire control in an AR). That gun is stock factory except the barrel (went SBR), and that was fully registered and what have you.

I tend to believe if they were there the look on my face alone when it happened would have been enough to convince them it was a malfunction... I went completely white and got that "oh s*&$" look according to my dad.

Top Bottom