• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Dave from the Lima Sabres Rifle Club (Ohio) came to Harlan yesterday and shot a 80 round Regional match course. He won the whole match with his 6.5 Grendel match rilfe.

I was in the pits on target 6 while he was shooting on target 7. That round thumps into the target and the berm at least as authoritative as any 30 caliber.

Pretty impressive. I really thought it was a 30 caliber until I was informed differently

Good shoooter that deserves the money that he won.........Nice guy too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What kind of range was this match?
    Good question.

Out to about 600 yards the 308 Win is superior to the 6.5 Grendel in both velocity and energy but past 600 yards the 6.5 Grendel has the edge. Both rounds, with target bullets, will stay supersonic out to 1000 yards or more.

It would be interesting to know the range distances at this match. Honestly I'm a fan of the Grendel, owning 2 rifles now, but there are superior rounds for dedicated match rifles.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    FWRR only goes out to 300 yards, so it is a normal 200 yard standing, 200 yard rapid fire sitting, and 300 yard rapid fire prone. The 600 yard target is reduced for the 300 yard slow fire stage. The MR63 target is a tough little X-ring.

Most of the rifles were AR15 Service and match rifles in 223. There were a couple of 6mm AR's and the one 6.5 Grendel.

There were no 30 caliber rifles. It is rare fore one to be on the line anymore except for Garand or M1A games matches.

Top Bottom