Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why are PSLs so hard to find right now?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shootin'IN View Post
    If you can't find one in your price range, you can always build your own.
    Romanian PSL/FPK - 7.62x54R Parts Kit #DRAKIT-MM
    It is not as hard as you would think.
    That is how I got mine, I took this.

And made this, it was just as fun building as it is shooting this gun.

It is a good shooter & lots of fun at the range.
    +1 this was my first ak type rifle build I did not think the build was all that bad and plently of us would me more than happy to help you build your own trust me it will mean more to you than one you buy
    Looking for: East German Sigs, Czechpoint VZ-58 Pistol, Czech Mauser in 8mm

Expert

User Info Menu

Supply and demand is why they are so hard to find and expensive. You used to see 8 or 10 at the 1500 a couple years ago. Now you might see 1 or 2, maybe and they are priced like a real Dragunov.
    "That government is best which governs the least " Thomas Jefferson

User Info Menu

i blame all those self proclaimed gun experts after playing one game of call of duty for buying up all of our " dragunov's"

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duffman0286 View Post
    i blame all those self proclaimed gun experts after playing one game of call of duty for buying up all of our " dragunov's"

HAHA! That's brings up a good point. Nobody wants to call it their PSL or Romak. Dragunov does sound much cooler even if that's not even close to what the gun actually is besides the look of the stock, scope and it shoots 54R.

User Info Menu

Call of Duty. It drives the gun market.
    I told you to buy ammo, mags and lowers. Get on it.

User Info Menu

Ok, you get that kit with no receiver. Is the receiver just a sheet metal part like on an AK? Are there prints available? I'm gonna do some searching, but if anybody has any insights, they would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Evilwrench View Post
    Ok, you get that kit with no receiver. Is the receiver just a sheet metal part like on an AK? Are there prints available? I'm gonna do some searching, but if anybody has any insights, they would be appreciated.
    stamp receiver yes its sheet metal but it has been heat treated there a few different ones out there the romak 3, nodak spud makes one for tgi (now are hard to find), and weaponeer forum sells and unfinshed receiver ( you dont need to be a member to order) and yes its also the same as a ak only diffrence is the round it fires how ever some parts will interchange with a ak47

User Info Menu

Ok, although I have the facilities to make one from a raw sheet and heat treat it, I found an 80% that just needs some holes in it, so that's what I'm going with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2