• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Seems like everyone is out of stock, and the ones available are NOT cheap...:dunno:

Romanian%20FPK-PSL%20Rifle.jpg

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Here is another inaccurate, PSL range test.
    First time taking it out.

Right outta the Box @125 yards consecutive 20 + rds of 54r "one mag dump after another" all 54R rounds hit in this 10x10 sheet
    of shoot see at semi rapid firing.:rockwoot:some adjustments were made to the optics after the first 5 or so shots.
    S5031059.jpg

Right after that, barrel hot and all, I tested it at 200yds to see how much they would group in a human sized target at 200.

The slashes and numbers are 7.62x39 I was testing/dialing out a new Zenit optic.

and the slop on the upper left was an egg I hit with 54R:rockwoot:

With 3 mags of Bulgarian 148gr steel core, these were my results,
    S5031058.jpg

I personally cant say this is an inaccurate rifle
    Ammo used Bulgarian steel core light ball LPS 148.1 Grain

As far as finding one, they are everywhere from 580-900
    you need to find the right one,
    proper head spacing, NO severe canting, No Rust cavities or pitting in the barrel, matching is a plus plus, Cugir builds are a plus too. I would personally NOT purchase one without looking at it first. Dont just buy the first one you "find"

:twocents:INDYK

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would that one of the reasons they are hard to find new at the regular online stores has something to do with ATF and import restrictions.

It is amazing that those lawbreakers at ATF can do with a right that by law shall not be infringed.

I have to agree with mosinowner that another reason they are hard to find is that per our government, they just looks soooo eeeeevillll.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I was pretty satisfied with the one I owned. It was picky about what kind of ammo I used though. Bulgarian was real inaccurate but it did respectable with any of the copper washed Russian. I even bought some 7n1 just out of curiousity and it shot about 1 moa on cold days shooting slow. I never tried any of the wolf gold but I've heard others say it is about the same as 7n1. Centerfire has kits and receivers! Find somebody that knows how to smash rivets on ak's and build one!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    If you can't find one in your price range, you can always build your own.
    Romanian PSL/FPK - 7.62x54R Parts Kit #DRAKIT-MM
    It is not as hard as you would think.
    That is how I got mine, I took this.

And made this, it was just as fun building as it is shooting this gun.

It is a good shooter & lots of fun at the range.

+1 this was my first ak type rifle build I did not think the build was all that bad and plently of us would me more than happy to help you build your own trust me it will mean more to you than one you buy

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Supply and demand is why they are so hard to find and expensive. You used to see 8 or 10 at the 1500 a couple years ago. Now you might see 1 or 2, maybe and they are priced like a real Dragunov.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    i blame all those self proclaimed gun experts after playing one game of call of duty for buying up all of our " dragunov's"

HAHA! That's brings up a good point. Nobody wants to call it their PSL or Romak. Dragunov does sound much cooler even if that's not even close to what the gun actually is besides the look of the stock, scope and it shoots 54R.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, you get that kit with no receiver. Is the receiver just a sheet metal part like on an AK? Are there prints available? I'm gonna do some searching, but if anybody has any insights, they would be appreciated.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Ok, you get that kit with no receiver. Is the receiver just a sheet metal part like on an AK? Are there prints available? I'm gonna do some searching, but if anybody has any insights, they would be appreciated.
    stamp receiver yes its sheet metal but it has been heat treated there a few different ones out there the romak 3, nodak spud makes one for tgi (now are hard to find), and weaponeer forum sells and unfinshed receiver ( you dont need to be a member to order) and yes its also the same as a ak only diffrence is the round it fires how ever some parts will interchange with a ak47

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, although I have the facilities to make one from a raw sheet and heat treat it, I found an 80% that just needs some holes in it, so that's what I'm going with.

Top Bottom