• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I sent my new XLR Evolution rifle chassis down to AJ Brown to have it dipped in ATACS camo. I got it back yesterday and it turned out really well. I have another chassis on order which should be here mid November, I'm thinking about sending it down for Multicam when it comes in.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

AJ Brown is located down in Bloomfield, thought I'd post this up for anyone who may be looking to have something dipped. He also sets up at the 1500 shows so he'll be around next weekend if anyone has any questions.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    there is also a place in akron indiana for us guys up north , Athens bows . U can look up the information online and contact them that way. I have seen their work it is top notch

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In case anybody missed it, apparently Athens Bows can do this as well. It's located in Akron which is apparently up north.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :drool:never disappointed looking at your rifles. I used to know of a guy who did some really great refinishing.:D I think Ill stop by his booth (Aj's) at the 1500 to check on getting some work done this winter.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    FWIW Athens Archery are good people! They have taken care of me, their dipping stuff is awesome (haven't had any done yet, but seen it first hand), and if you are looking for a bow, might wanna check em out too!

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    How does the finish hold up? If it scratches easy, can you "clear" over it with duracoat or something similar to make it stronger? It looks really neat! I saw the camo you did on a remington 700 and thought it looked just as good, hopefully it's as durable.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A.J. Brown Arms Co.

AJ sets up at the Indy 1500 so he'll be in town this weekend if anyone is interested. I know he brings a pile of different patterns he has available.

The water transfer is pretty durable stuff. I had to remove it from a pistol frame one time and it took days of elbow grease to get it off.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    So the finish is with Gun Kote? That really looks nice. I've Duracoated a few guns, all of them have been one solid color. There is no way I could do anything that good even after a couple of guns to practice with. I'll look for AJ at the 1500. Thanks for showing the pics! Really looks awesome!

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So the finish is with Gun Kote? That really looks nice. I've Duracoated a few guns, all of them have been one solid color. There is no way I could do anything that good even after a couple of guns to practice with. I'll look for AJ at the 1500. Thanks for showing the pics! Really looks awesome!

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

No, the finish on my rifle chassis is water transfer printing. Alan uses GunCoat for single color applications but is now offering this process for camo as well.

Top Bottom