• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Gun: Ruger 10-22 walmart plastic trigger special
    Ammo: CCI Mini-mag, Remington builk HP's, Remington Thunderbolts, Federal bulk.

Issue: Gun is new. Won in a raffle. First time loading the very first round the bolt would try to push the round forward and it would hang up at a 20ish degree angle and jam near the feed ramp. If I pushed the mag up into the well more than where it comfortably rested in the locked position I could hear and feel it move just a bit and then I can cycle the rounds fine.

However, after a few rounds it jams again because the mag has wiggled itself to its resting position again. I have three mags. 1-10rd that came with it, and 2 10rd's that are ruger brand. I should mention that when I lock the mag into place it is secure and doesn't fall out. However, you can notice a very tiny movement if you push it up when it works and doesn't jam.

The mag that came with the rifle doesn't have the issue as often (maybe every 4 rounds, but the two other ruger 10rds I bought afterwards do it every single round. This happened with every type of ammo I listed above.

Can anyone suggest to me what I need to do? Is there a break in period? I have oiled the rifle per rugers instructions. Thanks in advance.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Try breaking it down and giving it a good cleaning. Make sure there are no burrs anywhere while cleaning it. If problem persist contact Ruger.

There is probably a member here who can figure out what is wrong and fix it cheaply if not free.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I should have mentioned, when I lubed the rifle, I did so after breaking it down and completely cleaning it per Rugers instructions. I triple checked to make sure I put everything back the way it is supposed to go. I could have missed something, but I just don't see how considering the area in question (mag well)

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Ruger was very ready to send me a UPS truck to pick it up and said they will fix the problem immediately. However, they would not elaborate on the issue. The way the rep talked though, you could tell this wasn't their first issue concerning the mag well. Offered to send me 3 new mags as well.

Ill repost when it comes back in a couple weeks.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Best of luck with it and I hope it comes back good to go. If you dont mind, please tell us what they think it was (if they tell you) and also let us know how long it took. I have never had to send anything to ruger but I have heard they have quick turn arounds. Good Luck!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Years ago I bought one and could never get it thru one mag without jam problems. yes I cleaned it etc. Sold itg and got a Reminton 597. Same problem, sold it an got a Winchester 9422 as I swore off .22 semis. The 9422 is a gun I will never sell. It has ruined the day for some raccoons.

citrigin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    I would love to know more about the feed issue, if you ever find out what it was, please post back.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Received the 10-22 in the mail today with a list of what was repaired.

It stated:

Trigger guard replaced
    Receiver repaired
    Test fired 50 rounds
    Cleaned
    Return to customer

So from start to finish, it took about a week to get there, fixed, and mailed back to me. I realize its only a 22 which is why I am very happy with their service as they are even taking care of their cheapest of guns.

Took it out and shot every mag I own out of it. Not one single malfunction. Runs perfect.

I am not happy that I bought a lemon, but I certainly can't complain about their customer service and turnaround time. +1 Ruger.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Its right as rain now. Shot another 200+ rounds through it with no issue later in the evening.

Top Bottom