• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonwelder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Outside of Aurora Nebraska
    Dear Friends, This is my first post, I was directed here to a post by "4Sarge" about how he changed out a broken buffer on his gun. I tried to make a connection to him... but found that I needed to make 14 more posts! Anyway, maybe someone else can help: My little Marlin 9mm destroyed it's nylon recoil buffer, and my question is: is the buffer connected some how to the trigger and sear (?) as now the trigger will not move hardly at all, after removing the trigger group from the barrel assembly, I can work the sear from the back (where the buffer was) with a small screw driver. I'm hoping all that is wrong is the lack of the buffer! 4Sarge said he bought a buffer from a company called "Wisners",, I hope they can help me as well. This looks like a great forum, I hope I will be able to add something here in the future. I am a full time custom knife maker, guns are just a great hobby! Jon:cool:

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The buffer is only attached to the back of the receiver, Jon. It acts as an elastic bumper as the bolt travels rearward and has no place else to go other than the metal of the receiver.

You might have damaged the hammer strut if the buffer was gone for sometime and it had been wacking the back of the receiver repeatedly.

I love that little rifle - the Achilles heal is that buffer. And it has been known to cause broken stocks, too.

Top Bottom