• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    A friend of mine use to work as a garbage man and picked up a gun stock years ago. We where talking a few weeks ago and he told me about it but said he doesn't have use for it and will never use it. So today he gave it to me.

I am at a loss I don't know what I should do with it? While a M1 garand would be nice to have I don't want to put that much money into one. Is the stock worth keeping or should it go to the sales thread?

Last edited:

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was told he found the stock out on a country route not from a store.

IMAG0779.jpg

IMAG0781.jpg

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

As you can see the marking are hard to read but looks like 3 stars over something. And the large P not much else. No cracks or damage that I can see so looks to be in great shape.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    That is a post war garand stock according to the DAS stamp on the side. Looks like it could use some Tung or Linseed oil. Dont sand on it or anything, just rub several coats of the oil in. Im not up on the make but it is likely a Springfield or H&R. I doubt it is a reproduction with the wear. If your going to throw it away let me know and Ill pay you to mail it to me.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    to me it looks like a harrington richardson "H&R" stock. i would oil it up and and see what it looks like before i put a price on it. i would also google it and look at some close up pictures. may give you a better thought on what it is and what to do with it.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Its a M14 stock....I'm guessing Birch with a walnut stain on it. Looks like its in good condition. Price on these run 40.00 on up. I saw that Fulton was selling new Birch stocks for close to 300.00. One would need to see how it fits a M14/M1A, if its a tight lockup = better, loose = not so good. Check gunbroker on going prices.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I found an M14E2 (pistol grip) stock at the Goodwill for $4.94 and got $60 out of it without doing anything to it. Hope it made a pretty rifle :)

Top Bottom