• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Heads up - S12 folks. For most people that have converted and use American furniture, this shouldn't be an issue. One of the folks on forum.saiga-12.com is reporting some clarifications from BATFE that up the foreign parts count - and can make a gun that WAS compliant not be.

I'm posting the link here - so that you can get it as straight as possible (although that's kind of a joke when dealing with BATFE regs...) :D

Also if you are not familiar with forum.Saiga-12, it's a GREAT source of information, but it tends to be NSFW/ R R-rated. So consider yourself warned before you click the link.

Parts count for saiga 12 has changed - forum.Saiga-12.com

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    why in the $$$$$$ do people sent the BATFE questions like this? all it does it cause issues for the rest of us.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I would love to see what a court would do with a 922r case. I think the ATF knows what would happen, which is why we have never seen one single charge come from it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I agree, Clay... the more questions we ask, they more they are gonna answer... and not always in a sensible manner. But since it's out there now - better that we know about it, as opposed to tripping over it and finding out the hard way. Hope this doesn't affect any of your stuff negatively. Mine's all American furniture - so not a big issue here. For the Russian furniture crowd, this may be not much fun.

And we thought that the 8rd Russky mags were expensive before... It used to be "Holy Crap that's a Russky 8rd mag! Those are $$$$!" Now it's going to be "Holy Crap that's a Russky 8 rd mag! That's THREE PARTS!!!" :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well that was an interesting trip. I looked at the info and am as confused now as before I went or worse. I have done quite a bit to my S-12 but the trigger group in in the as built position. I may want to return it to original some day.
    If you really want to mess something up get the Government involved. What a bunch.....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IMO, anybody operating under the impression that the previous letter was correct was deluding themselves and/or asking for trouble. AKs and Saiga rifles have trunnions but Saiga shotguns do not? Riiight.

Both my -12s are still compliant according to the re-interpretation, because I ass-u-med that's how ATF should have actually read it in the first place.

Top Bottom