• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    I sort of "inherited" an Olympic Arms AR 15 from a neighbor whose alcohol use permanently prevents him from owning firearms. I suspect that his complete removal of the safety mechanisim (really, I can see straight through the hole in the lower receiver where it should be) is a result of pickling of his brain stem by Dark Eyes. He insisted it was a high speed/ low drag-real operator type mod.
    I have of course purchased a safety for this weapon...

I wont be posting a photo of it in the thread above because-1.) I don't want any photos of a complete rifle of mine with the safety missing. 2.) It's a bone stock Olympic Arms- (well with one "high speed low drag real operator mod" https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyesedit.gif

I'm not necessarily opposed to firearms without safeties, I do have an 1858 Remington clone with no safety- but this....
    Anybody else got a good Dreaded Previous Owner story??

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It's a term used by fellow operators..... like 10/4 only much, much better.

Yes, approximately 6 better. So far, I've only been able to attain a 10/5.75 weapon. I'm sure watching some YouTube operators will get me closer to a 10/10 (hoping for 10/8 and the rest will come along with playing Call of Duty).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Just make absolutely sure that the safety, once installed, only has 90 degrees of movement. If it goes 180, then you inherited more than you thought.

The latter is a fast, fast trip to a gunsmith for repairs or smelting.

Top Bottom