• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    So a while back Classic Arms had Barrels from the UK59 machine gun turned and threaded for the Mosin Nagant. I always intended to "pull the trigger" on one of these but funds were usually scarce and I never got around to it. Now that I have the money and the time to do the work on the rifle Classic Arms is out of them.

I really want to sproterise my 91/30 and put a heavy barrel on it. Does anyone know where I can still get one of these barrels?

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Shot with a friend today who also has a mosin and we were comparing my Russian made mosin with a round receiver to his Swiss made mosin with a hex receiver and his barrel is over double the size. Maybe try finding a Swiss mosin with a hex receiver. Could prob save you money versus buying a heavy barrel... And then you have another mosin!

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    The Mosins that have Hex receivers were non war time productions. The round receivers were made in haste due to war time demand. Even the Hex receivers are quite common still. You will find them a little bit more expensive than the round when shopping at a dealer that knows the difference but not many do.

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    A few years ago I helped a friend do a heavy barrel Mosin conversion. He got a barrel blank and a chamber reamer. We made the barrel to a little ovre an 1.000 in diameter, and threaded it for the reciever. Then reamed the chamber most of the way. He later mated the reciever and barrel, then used the chamber reamer to fine tune and get the correct head space. Never got a chance to shoot it but he said it turned out great.

So if you've got access to the equipement, you could always get a 7.62 blank and a chamber reamer and machine your own barrel.

akaindy

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    heavy barrel

Hi,
    Look up the finnish model 39, it has a lot heavier barrel and will shoot fantastic. On top of that, if you keep it stock so to speak, you will make money on it when you go to sell it, if the pattern of them going up in value keeps steady.

I believe that a m39 will outshoot most any rifle if the time is taken to reload to suit the rifle.

other options are sniper rifle types like the vz 54/91 Czeck rifle, stay away from the standard pu sniper, it is just a standard rifle fitted with a scope.

Top Bottom