Differences in lower parts kits manufacturers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    So I've already got a grip, trigger, and billet "enhanced" trigger guard on order. For the remaining components to complete the lower are their noticeable differences between manufacturers? Or should I just go for the cheapest kit, or loose parts as possible?

Oh, and Happy New Years INGO!

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Stay with brand names, don't buy loose parts from a bin at a gun show.

Agreed, there are a couple different pin sizes used by some manufactures, I forget the numbers off the top of my head.. I'd take the 50-60 bucks and just buy the LPK from whichever manufacture your lower came from, that or find out the specs the lower was milled to and order the corresponding kit. You can always swap out parts like the grip, trigger and trigger guard to different ones later on. I've seen guys end up with wrong springs and pins or damaged ones by buying loose gun show bin specials ;)

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have a similar question. Does anybody know if the DD trigger (2-DD21007 - AR-15 Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit LPK With MagPul Trigger Guard)is actually any smooter than a standard PSA or equivalent trigger?

If it is, I think it would be well worth the $30+ extra to avoid purchasing a drop-in later.

If not, are there any inexpensive lower parts kits w/ that tend to have good triggers from the start?

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I have a similar question. Does anybody know if the DD trigger (2-DD21007 - AR-15 Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit LPK With MagPul Trigger Guard)is actually any smooter than a standard PSA or equivalent trigger?

If it is, I think it would be well worth the $30+ extra to avoid purchasing a drop-in later.

If not, are there any inexpensive lower parts kits w/ that tend to have good triggers from the start?

From what I've gathered from here and ar15.com. What is the rifles intended purpose, will help to better answer that. What are your plans for it?

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    From what I've gathered from here and ar15.com. What is the rifles intended purpose, will help to better answer that. What are your plans for it?

I do not want to hijack the thread, but since my question seemed somewhat related ...

Most of the shooting will be range mixing paper targets and steel plates with the occasional coyote hunt thrown in to keep it lively. I don't need a match trigger, but I've found a number of standard single-stage triggers (DPMS, Colt, Bushmaster as opposed to LMT, Colt match, etc.) to be pretty gritty. I would prefer a trigger that breaks more like a basic bolt-action than a Taurus pistol. That is why I was thinking it might be worth a few extra $$ if the DD triggers are actually any better.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I was originally looking at the geissele SSA and SSA-E, but opted for a single stage instead of a 2 stage. I ended up ordering a CMC single stage with straight trigger. Our plans for rifles sound to be similar.

Top Bottom