• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    Anyone have experience with the new 887? Pros or cons??
    887Tactical-prod.jpg

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I had the long barrel version of the 887 and I have mixed feelings about it.

For the price, I don't think you can do much better for what the gun is. I payed about $350 before tax for mine. For an all synthetic gun, it seemed really cheap to me.

Pros:
    -Very lightweight and easy to maneuver around
    -The recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it would be since it was lightweight. The Recoil pad seemed to do it's job well
    -Pump was smooth and worked fine
    -The synthetic coating was very strong and I always felt like the gun would work and not fail on me.
    -Great stock iron sights

Cons:
    -It did feel like I was holding a plastic toy gun.
    - The position of the pump release in in front of the trigger guard, so if you release the pump, and then pump without removing your finger of the release, the pump will smash your finger. (happened many times)
    -The gun just felt cheap and wasn't as tight feeling as some of my other Remington shotguns

Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    I had the long barrel version of the 887 and I have mixed feelings about it.

For the price, I don't think you can do much better for what the gun is. I payed about $350 before tax for mine. For an all synthetic gun, it seemed really cheap to me.

Pros:
    -Very lightweight and easy to maneuver around
    -The recoil wasn't as bad as I thought it would be since it was lightweight. The Recoil pad seemed to do it's job well
    -Pump was smooth and worked fine
    -The synthetic coating was very strong and I always felt like the gun would work and not fail on me.
    -Great stock iron sights

Cons:
    -It did feel like I was holding a plastic toy gun.
    - The position of the pump release in in front of the trigger guard, so if you release the pump, and then pump without removing your finger of the release, the pump will smash your finger. (happened many times)
    -The gun just felt cheap and wasn't as tight feeling as some of my other Remington shotguns

I was wondering about the slide release in the front like that! Good to know.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    If I were you I would go with an 870.

I also forgot to mention a BIG con. 870-style parts are not interchangeable with 887 parts. So you can't buy any cool stocks, or anything that would fit on the 887. It wasn't even possible to drill and tap it for a scope rail. I believe the tactical model though has a scope rail.

Sport69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Portage, IN
    If I were you I would go with an 870.

I also forgot to mention a BIG con. 870-style parts are not interchangeable with 887 parts. So you can't buy any cool stocks, or anything that would fit on the 887. It wasn't even possible to drill and tap it for a scope rail. I believe the tactical model though has a scope rail.

I see where your coming from.....even though it is cool it wouldn't fit in a shotgun rack!

Top Bottom