• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just picked up a Yugo M48A Mauser today, and I can't seem to find any info that ties serial numbers to date of manufacture. Google just turns up other forums with people looking for the same info, but no answers. Does anyone have a good source for this sort of information? The serial number (all matching) is 65274.

IMG_1208.jpg

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    probably late 40"s very early fifty"s. did you get that at the indy gun show today saw one and then saw a man purchase it with a few bandoliers of ammo. believe that is turkish ammo so don't be surprised if you need to install a 22# spring. turkish primers are pretty hard, but doesn't mean anything is wrong with the gun. i looked at it but was more in the market for german k98's today. very nice looking rifle if it is the one i looked at. good luck with it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    probably late 40"s very early fifty"s. did you get that at the indy gun show today saw one and then saw a man purchase it with a few bandoliers of ammo. believe that is turkish ammo so don't be surprised if you need to install a 22# spring. turkish primers are pretty hard, but doesn't mean anything is wrong with the gun. i looked at it but was more in the market for german k98's today. very nice looking rifle if it is the one i looked at. good luck with it
    Yeah, I'm guessing early 50's (51-53 maybe)

That could very well have been me, if it was around 11:45 or so! I'd been eying one of these for quite awhile. A gun store I frequent had them for 100 less than he was asking (without ammo) and they were pretty rough, so I think I did alright, especially since he threw in the 3 bandoliers of ammo. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how it does with the ammo!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yessir clean it as soon as you get home i use windex with ammonia for starters, make sure you get the chamber good too then normal cleaning
    Okay, I'll treat it like my Mosins. I fill my Mosin oiler with windshield washer fluid and run a few wet patches down the bore while it's still hot. Makes regular cleaning really easy too after I get home! Thanks for the confirmation!

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    New-made sling.
    I put one of these on my Yugo and like it. It's good gear.
    Military Antiques, Military Collectibles and Militaria 98K Sling: German WWII Marked IMA-USA.COM

Some of that Commie 8mm has a heck of a muzzle flash.
    I still have some in blue-gray bandoliers that often throws a big 1.5 foot long yellow flash. I've had it so long I don't remember what country it came from. Very corrosive.

The other day I found some ratholed Romanian 8mm spam cans that were crazy cheap compared to todays prices.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    New-made sling.
    I put one of these on my Yugo and like it. It's good gear.
    Military Antiques, Military Collectibles and Militaria 98K Sling: German WWII Marked IMA-USA.COM

Some of that Commie 8mm has a heck of a muzzle flash.
    I still have some in blue-gray bandoliers that often throws a big 1.5 foot long yellow flash. I've had it so long I don't remember what country it came from. Very corrosive.

The other day I found some ratholed Romanian 8mm spam cans that were crazy cheap compared to todays prices.
    I found a sling here... Item:10800596 Yugoslavian M48 M48A M48B M48BO Yugo Mauser Sling For Sale at GunAuction.com

I'll have to search around for surplus ammo deals... I've got several different sites I check from time to time. Did you buy all the Romanian stuff you found?

I see that SGAMMO has 540 rds for 135, + 22 shipping which would make it around 0.29 per round...

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I found a sling here... Item:10800596 Yugoslavian M48 M48A M48B M48BO Yugo Mauser Sling For Sale at GunAuction.com

I see that SGAMMO has 540 rds for 135, + 22 shipping which would make it around 0.29 per round...

That looks to be the exact sling I have. It should work well.

I've also been wandering around this morning looking for milsurp 8mm. There doesn't seem to be much around, and in some cases they have broken it down into smaller quantities for what I consider an outrageous price.
    It's been a while (1 year) since I've bought any and things have changed. Someone is working on importing more, but it hasn't happened yet and may not.
    The ratholed 8mm ammo I mentioned I bought several years ago.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That looks to be the exact sling I have. It should work well.

I've also been wandering around this morning looking for milsurp 8mm. There doesn't seem to be much around, and in some cases they have broken it down into smaller quantities for what I consider an outrageous price.
    It's been a while (1 year) since I've bought any and things have changed. Someone is working on importing more, but it hasn't happened yet and may not.
    The ratholed 8mm ammo I mentioned I bought several years ago.
    Well, I can live with 29 cents a round I guess. Plus I can always look around at the 1500. The guy I bought the rifle from was selling it for 20 bucks for 70 rounds, or 35 bucks for 140, which is only 25 cents a round. I'll hang on to my stripper clips, since SGAMMO's was being sold loose in a .50 cal. can.

Top Bottom