• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    Ok Guru's...I'm looking for the good, bad, and ugly of my AK's. I know the "basics" but still have much to learn.

Here's what I've got:

1) GP WASR-10/63
    has the arrow in the triangle on the front trunnion
    Made by CN Romarm SA/Cugir in Romania
    imported CAI Georgia, VT
    ***all writing looks to be etched/engraved***

2) GP WASR-10/63
    has the arrow in the triangle on the front trunnion
    Romarm/Cugir Romania
    CAI Georgia, VT
    ***all writing looks stamped***

3) RML Semi Automatic Rifle
    Maadi company
    made in Egypt
    PARS INTL Lou KY
    ***all writing (expt for RML) looks stamped. RML looks etched/engraved

The WASR's are straight as can be and both have the tapco G2 triggers.
    Please teach me what you can! Thanks.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    the WASR rifles are essentially the exact same rifle made in the same factory, but probably at different times. Both imported by Century, and both fine servicable AKs made in Romania.

The RML is an egyptian Maadi in ban configuration, ie no muzzle device, no bayo lug, and a butthole stock. I think they came in either 16" or 20" barrels. Its a good AK as well, and more desirable than the WASRs.

phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    Is there any way I can tell what parts of the wasr's had century's people's peter beaters on them? Or has the whole rifle been molested by them?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The RML, like the ARM before it entered the USA in an approved sporting purpose configuration with a standard mag well. The ARM had a threaded muzzle with a nut tack welded in place. A few RMLs were imported with threaded muzzle but most were unthreaded. They were imported with Egyptian versions of the Bush-hole stock and met the sporting purpose clause of the new ATF second amendment with no US parts.

It was the MISR S/A that had Century parts since it was sold in standard stock configuration. The MISR 10 was the one imported with the single stack mag which Century opened some of them.

Many people like the Egyptian AKs since they were made on Russian tooling that was moved to Egypt.

Since you asked to be schooled in the AK variants, I will just add that with all the AK variants imported into the land of shall not be infringed, the Romanian SAR series was the only true military issue rifle. All others were commercial rifles made for export to the land of shall not be infringed ( among others). ATF put an end to them when they decided that standard mag wells were not sporting. That forced imports into the single stack mode, but once in country they were allowed to be opened up to accept standard AK mags if they had their parts count reduced to at or below that magic number of 10.

Top Bottom