• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reggywill

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Indy (Westside)
    I recently boughta Mossberg 500 and when trying to remove the forward stock the action levers on the sides won't come out ofhe receiver. Even after everything else is removed from the receiver. They get stuck and seem to spring back. The other moss 500 I have only has an action lever on one side and has no problem sliding out. Any suggestions?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You need to press in on the shell catches. One is longer than the other, so press it in move the arms forward just a tad, then press the other in to release.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You need to press in on the shell catches. One is longer than the other, so press it in move the arms forward just a tad, then press the other in to release.

Videos help me, so here's a You Tube for the Mossy 500 takedown.

If this one dosen't do the trick for you, just search You Tube for another one.

TK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKbWcPdTRBI

HA, even though he said mossberg, i replied like it was an 870. I was watching your video thinking, why did he post that video when the thread is about a remington. then i reread the OP and realized it was ME that misread.

reps

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Thanks guys, got it out!
    Excellent, we don't have to go to plan B then.
    Reciprocating_Saw.jpg

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I have an older 1980s Mossberg NEW HAVEN 600AST 12 ga. shotgun. I cannot remove the slide assembly off the end of the magazine tube. Allegedly, (and I believe I own one) on some Mossberg pumps, there is a collar soldered to the magazine tube itself, that prevents the slide from being fully removed from the magazine tube. To remove this slide: (1) Use a heat gun, apply heat to the receiver-magazine tube connection, as Mossberg lock-tites the mag tube into the receiver. (2) Strap wrench to remove the magazine tube. (3) With mag tube removed, slide comes off.
    Haven't done this, no need, but this is the information I've found on the net. And my slide will not pull free of the receiver, when there is nothing in the receiver holding it.

Top Bottom