DSCN1409.jpg

DSCN1408.jpg

To be continued...

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    FYI, the trunion rivets are nothing like the trigger plate rivets (saiga pistol grip conversion).. I tried to grind these and punch them out. No gunna happen. I had to frind them flat then drill them out. There may be an easier way but for now this is how I'm doing it. *I will either weld up the extra holes from the stock saiga trigger or just JB weld them.*

DSCN1410.jpg

DSCN1411.jpg

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    How do you like the IZ-340? I have been going back and forth about getting one of them and I have seen a decent review on youtube but what are your thoughts on the front end?

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    How do you like the IZ-340? I have been going back and forth about getting one of them and I have seen a decent review on youtube but what are your thoughts on the front end?
    Other than the crappy tack welds that held the thread protector/end cap on and a slight oversite during manufacturing I'm happy with it. The oversite was who ever built the this rifle did not flare out the cross pin on the front sight that holds the detent sprint in the sight. Not a big deal and easily addressed.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Where did you pick up the stock? After seeing your pics, I have a project rifle that I would love to do this to. Always liked the triangle stock. Great post.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Other than the crappy tack welds that held the thread protector/end cap on and a slight oversite during manufacturing I'm happy with it. The oversite was who ever built the this rifle did not flare out the cross pin on the front sight that holds the detent sprint in the sight. Not a big deal and easily addressed.

I just converted one of these a couple of weeks ago and it had the EXACT same problem. A center punch and hammer took care of it.

Top Bottom