• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I'm totally new to AR's and am planning on purchasing one in the future (assuming college doesn't bankrupt me :noway:), and was wondering which company makes the best AR's for a reasonable price? I've looked at rifles and carbines from Bushmaster, Armalite and a few other manufacturers, but would greatly appreciate input from more experienced AR shooters.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Based on what I've seen I probably won't find a good AR, at least a new one, for less than $900 at the very least, but I could work with that. I'm willing to go to a grand or slightly more than that.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You might want to do a little study time and figure what options /Features would you like/need? Try getting ballpark price info on Bud's. Good luck

Finding expertise is a good suggestion, but based on your location, I'd suggest going to Bradis and talking to Shooter521 rather than surfing Bud's.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Finding expertise is a good suggestion, but based on your location, I'd suggest going to Bradis and talking to Shooter521 rather than surfing Bud's.
    ^This^ I'm sure they could fix you up with the best possible option for your price range.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Which one is Shooter521? I've been to Bradis several times but haven't gotten any names yet.

Ask for him (or "Mark", if the person looks confused...) But I imagine anyone there would be happy to help and much better than what you'd get at Bud's/etc. Dark hair, glock on his right hip.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Which one is Shooter521? I've been to Bradis several times but haven't gotten any names yet.
    You could shoot him a PM too or post something in their advertising section here about what your looking for and he will usually respond to any inquiries. He's on here quite a bit.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You could shoot him a PM too or post something in their advertising section here about what your looking for an he usually will respond to any inquiries.

^^+1. Could also use this to arrange a time to drop in and pick his brain and be sure he'll be working that day.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    ^^+1. Could also use this to arrange a time to drop in and pick his brain and be sure he'll be working that day.
    He's a good guy and I've seen him help people out here numerous times. That's the route I would go.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    It's like 5 miles from you. Go now and you'll have your AR in time for the weekend. :)

I'm a bad influence.

I'd love to have an AR sitting in my lap right now but I'm in the process of paying off another gun so it will be awhile before I actually go out and buy one :(. The next thing on my list is a Mossberg 500.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I hooked into a delton sport for 700 at bradis. Doesn't have a chrome lined barrel but other than that its been a great rifle. Other than the barrel and the commercial buffer tube it's mil spec too. Oh beware of Shooter I went in to look at an ar and I asked to see the delton, it was kinda busy so he handed me the rifle and left me to help another costumer while I lOoked it over. Long story short half an hour of holding later and they were taking my money for not only the rifle but for all the magpul goodies:D. Lol

Last edited:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    I'm also new to the AR-15 owners world... I'm looking at the DoubleStar's. Aluminum construction, and all. For around $575. Or sometimes less on classified's. If you're on a strict budget, I suggest looking into them. :)

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    You could look into finding parts to build a palmetto state armory. I see their lower in the classifieds everyone in a while, then all you need is one of their rifle build kits and your set.

Top Bottom