• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Alright.... Feel free to tag this old man with the dumb question of the day award, but I figured I would rather ask than waste my time or screw something up.....

I bought a 22 that has Tech Sights.

I've not ever looked at Tech Sights, but I expected them to be about the same as my sights on my M1s based on what I heard....adjustments with knobs to go left and right and up and down.

Well, now that I've looked at them, I don't see the knobs.

How do I move the sights up and down and left and right?

Looks like I might need a tool cause I don't see any knobs.... and what was wrong with the way John Garand made his sights?

Thankss from an old man prepared for the ridicule to follow.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Tech sights are not a copy of the M1 sights, they are closer to M16 sights and the tool
    for those work just fine. It's the 5 prong style and has the large knob on the end for the rear. They cost you $12-15, depending on the source. These are great sights and are
    recommended by many Appleseed instructors. You can move the rear sight with a pick
    or small screwdriver by pushing the pin in and moving the ring one click at a time. The same in front but the tool is lots easier. The idea was that a GI could use a round of .223
    to depress the pin, but you're unlikely to have one with a .22 rimfire...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Tech sights are not a copy of the M1 sights, they are closer to M16 sights and the tool
    for those work just fine. It's the 5 prong style and has the large knob on the end for the rear. They cost you $12-15, depending on the source. These are great sights and are
    recommended by many Appleseed instructors. You can move the rear sight with a pick
    or small screwdriver by pushing the pin in and moving the ring one click at a time. The same in front but the tool is lots easier. The idea was that a GI could use a round of .223
    to depress the pin, but you're unlikely to have one with a .22 rimfire...
    Yep, this basically... I use a small punch to push in on the detent spring to adjust them.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I was at a gun show and found a Colt SP-1 finger adjustment knob, in a dealer parts bin. Knocked out the roll pin and replaced the windage knob. Be careful to not loose the sight detent and spring. I put a witness mark on the knob/sight housing to know where zero was.

I still use a sight tool for the front sight.

100_9808.jpg

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom