• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    AR15's. There are so many different accessories, modifications, configurations.

What are some that you are not a fan of? Accessories, mods, configurations that you dislike?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Carry handle uppers
    Crappy optic mounts
    Lasers
    Standard A2 grips
    Standard CAR stocks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What are some that you are not a fan of? Accessories, mods, configurations that you dislike?

In general, I'm not a fan of changing something for change's sake, mods or accessories that "look cool" but do nothing to improve or enhance the rifle for that particular user, or the NcStar/Leapers/no-name cheap airsoft/pot-metal parts.

Configuration-wise, Dissipators have never done anything for me, nor the "SD" look with a suppressor nested inside a free-float handguard.

I see lots of guns/configurations I wouldn't own personally, but if it works for you, rock it out!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Standard CAR stocks
    No Parkerizing under the front sight base
    Fold down front grips

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Bump fire devices.

+1 :yesway:

Looks like the rifle is growing a tumor.

Anymore, I'm getting not to be a fan of front sight posts, just for the looks. Low profile with extended tube :yesway:

Unless it's a Colt SP1, carry handles are another. And even then, it's a Colt.

Suppressors bug me too. Just because I haven't bought one for a 30 cal and did the paperwork yet so I'm envious :):

M4 barrel profiles bother me too for some reason, rather have a pencil or a government profile.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not fond of quad rails these days. Too heavy, too large in diameter, requirement to add covers to avoid sharp edges.

As shooter mentioned though, the beauty of the platform is that there is something for every taste.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    My tastes have changed dramatically. I like having rifles that can grow with me.

The worst part of the AR is the A2 grip. It is the only thing that I changed once and have never thought about touching again.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Which one? .22LR, 9mm, .40, .45ACP, 10mm, 5.56, 7.62x39, .300BLK, 6.8SPC, 6.5 Grendel, .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, or maybe one of the many others I didn't mention? :dunno:
    I guess I'm just a simpleton. When you say AR15 I think 556/223. I like my AR10 in .308 just fine
    IF the 556/223 was so great then why did all the other calibers show up? It's adequate but not ideal. JMHO

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    IF the 556/223 was so great then why did all the other calibers show up?

Some odd logic there. You might want to read up on what went into the design of the 5.56.

What I don't like is people hanging every gadget including the kitchen sink on their AR.

_ultimate_machine_gun_flashlight_fo.jpg

Top Bottom