• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just picked up my new 10/22 Takedown from ZR Tactical Solutions (http://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/) in Noblesville. Zack had the barrel threaded and front sight moved back and it turned out awesome. In anticipation I ordered a few parts from Kidd and a Tac Sol mag release to finish it out. Just need to get my sling mounted. Anyway, just thought I'd show off the rifle and the great work Zack did.

x0wxkx.jpg

1214mxw.jpg

bim5ub.jpg

30mqon4.jpg

x5s2hg.jpg

:ingo:

Last edited:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Looks real nice ;) One question is there room in the pack it comes in for the scope? Been thinking seriously about picking one of these up.
    Actually, I have always had good luck with these QD rings holding zero and it fits in one of the pockets in the bag next to the barrel, the buttstock assembly goes in the other. I actually decided to leave the sunshade on the nikon so that it fits more snug in the bag, it slid quite a bit without the extra length.
    Its not an ideal scope setup, I am currently looking for something from nikon or leupold in the 1.5-6 power range thats under 9" in length so it can be permanent. I had the optic being unused and liked it so much that it has found a temporary home here until I get my tech sights mounted or can find different glass.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How do you plan on mounting the sling?

I'm gonna use an uncle mikes barrel band attached stud and screw in the rear stud with some added gorilla glue to ensure it stays. Then its a USGI sling and 1 1/4 swivels. I just hope it can handle the stresses of being slung in shooting positions while still holding zero. Should have the sling mounted tonight and then will take it to the range to confirm it still stays zeroe'd at 25yd and poi is same at 100yd before and after.

I don't think it will be :rolleyes:

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Actually, I have always had good luck with these QD rings holding zero and it fits in one of the pockets in the bag next to the barrel, the buttstock assembly goes in the other. I actually decided to leave the sunshade on the nikon so that it fits more snug in the bag, it slid quite a bit without the extra length.
    Its not an ideal scope setup, I am currently looking for something from nikon or leupold in the 1.5-6 power range thats under 9" in length so it can be permanent. I had the optic being unused and liked it so much that it has found a temporary home here until I get my tech sights mounted or can find different glass.

Sounds like a winning deal Sir ;)

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Ugh, took it to the range last night and took off the Nikon in favor of a Simmons 22mag that can get beaten up without concern and still does the job. I installed the front sling swivel a few nights ago and was concerned about POI shifts slung vs unslung.
    Sighted in at 50yds and then dropped to 25 to fine tune zero. Then shot prone at 25yd for my final zero. Then I slung up with my USGI Cotton sling to see what my shift was and I was stunned when I had a 4-6moa shift in POI when slung! Holy cow!
    I really didn't expect that much. So, I think I am going to mount a swivel stud to the forearm where the barrel band will be removed.

Top Bottom