• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I have been looking for a AR 15 9mm for a while now with no luck. I am wanting to buy a factory built AR in 9mm but am now considering building. Before I build has anyone seen seen one in a shop recently. I am willing to drive pretty far from Indy if there is one around. I want a real AR (Colt, Rock River, Armalite, Olympic) not really picky but not a Just Right or any odd ball carbine things. This will turn into an SBR project down the road but that will be a few months away before I even start that process.

I don't have a problem paying more for a quality gun but I don't want to pay to much for lower quality. Example not looking for a $1300.00 Olympic.

Or if anyone has seen an SBR AR 15 9mm I may go that route up front but I really want to be able to shoot the gun now so it would have to be a great deal to justify the wait.

Thanks in advance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can not say that I have ever seen one.
    The prices on AR's are rising steadily as we knew they would. Most I have seen on the shelves are in the 1K range for anything and more for the RR and up. It is election time.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    There is a pawn shop in Marion that normally has them in stock. It is pretty close to the intersection of 18 and the bypass. I bought one there about 1 year ago. It is a Spikes lower and Rock River upper. It is the conversion kit and takes colt mags. I paid about 900 for it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I believe Beech Grove Firearms has some. I don't know what, but I would suspect Rock River. They open the new shop Monday.

Knesek guns (online store) had Colt 6450's for $1080. That's the old style with the fixed carry handle. The new version, the 6951, is a 9mm flat top. They're a little pricier. I went with the 6450 because it will get a new, much shorter upper.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I believe Beech Grove Firearms has some. I don't know what, but I would suspect Rock River. They open the new shop Monday.

Knesek guns (online store) had Colt 6450's for $1080. That's the old style with the fixed carry handle. The new version, the 6951, is a 9mm flat top. They're a little pricier. I went with the 6450 because it will get a new, much shorter upper.

Thanks for both the suggestios. The 6450 is on clearence for $1050.00 so that looks great. I am also going to check out Beech Grove tomorrow. I have never been in there and was waiting on the new store to open keep seeing the posts. Do they still have inventory at the store is it getting moved over this week.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Colt 6450. There's still a 16" barrel, just cut off with camera.

05c24c5a.jpg

440dacf8.jpg

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks for both the suggestios. The 6450 is on clearence for $1050.00 so that looks great. I am also going to check out Beech Grove tomorrow. I have never been in there and was waiting on the new store to open keep seeing the posts. Do they still have inventory at the store is it getting moved over this week.

The old store is closed, the new one opens Monday.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Give lonewolf a look too. It takes glock 9mm magazines with no magazine adapter. The lower is designed to accept the glock 9mm magazines and has a very nice tight upper. Both are available on line. I know....its the route im taking.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    You can also look for a factory built CMMG. They are Colt pattern and use Colt mags. RRA makes good stuff, but you might have to wait for it to get here.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    You can also look for a factory built CMMG. They are Colt pattern and use Colt mags. RRA makes good stuff, but you might have to wait for it to get here.

:+1: on CMMG

They use a ramped bolt so you can use a .223 trigger assembly instead of the "9mm hammer".

This would allow you more accessible parts and lots of options for upgraded triggers.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    Give lonewolf a look too. It takes glock 9mm magazines with no magazine adapter. The lower is designed to accept the glock 9mm magazines and has a very nice tight upper. Both are available on line. I know....its the route im taking.

I have looked a the lonewolf quite a bit. I have a threaded glock barrel for my glock. And since I have about 10 glock mags that would also be nice. I am only a little put off about the price since together it would be $1000.00 and I don't know how interchangeable parts are. I know the bolt is special and since I want to make it a SBR down the road I want to make sure everything else fits.

I need to do some research on the CMMG. I have only heard good things about them. I saw you can't order off the website so I will have to see what the availability is from a dealer.

Get one of the new colts w/o carry handle. Thats what I am saving mah pennies for.

This is my number one pick if I could find one. I have actually placed two orders online to only to get the email the next day saying they are currently out of stock. I hate sites that have hundreds of guns on a site but can only actually get half of them.

I found a colt at Indy Trading Post but it is the hanle version and since I want to go SBR I really don't want a carry handle.

I will probably head to the 1500 and look. I have never actually found anything I have been looking for. But I guess there is a first time for everything.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have been looking for a AR 15 9mm for a while now with no luck. I am wanting to buy a factory built AR in 9mm but am now considering building. Before I build has anyone seen seen one in a shop recently. I am willing to drive pretty far from Indy if there is one around. I want a real AR (Colt, Rock River, Armalite, Olympic) not really picky but not a Just Right or any odd ball carbine things. This will turn into an SBR project down the road but that will be a few months away before I even start that process.

I don't have a problem paying more for a quality gun but I don't want to pay to much for lower quality. Example not looking for a $1300.00 Olympic.

Or if anyone has seen an SBR AR 15 9mm I may go that route up front but I really want to be able to shoot the gun now so it would have to be a great deal to justify the wait.

Thanks in advance.

I checked today, Beech Grove Firearms has 3 RRA 9mm flat tops. For 9mm, Rock River is the way to go. They have a dedicated 9mm lower (no mag block).
    I believe they will take modified Uzi mags, which is a whole lot cheaper than Colt mags. I bought the Colt because I got smokin' deal on it after there was an issue with my 6945.

If your planning on SBRing, don't waste your money buying a Colt flat top. Buy the RRA, fill out your form 1, and shoot it until the ATF approves. Then you can order a RRA upper in whatever length makes you smile the most.:D

My Colt 6450 is next in the stamp line. Hopefully, next year it will have a RRA 7" upper. Good luck!! Beech Grove doesn't open until Monday.:ingo:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks Fordtough25! I always wanted one and I'm loving it. It's a little cheaper to shoot than 5.56.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I checked today, Beech Grove Firearms has 3 RRA 9mm flat tops. For 9mm, Rock River is the way to go. They have a dedicated 9mm lower (no mag block).
    I believe they will take modified Uzi mags, which is a whole lot cheaper than Colt mags. I bought the Colt because I got smokin' deal on it after there was an issue with my 6945.

If your planning on SBRing, don't waste your money buying a Colt flat top. Buy the RRA, fill out your form 1, and shoot it until the ATF approves. Then you can order a RRA upper in whatever length makes you smile the most.:D

My Colt 6450 is next in the stamp line. Hopefully, next year it will have a RRA 7" upper. Good luck!! Beech Grove doesn't open until Monday.:ingo:

Thanks for the info. I love RRA. I have a RRA .308 and love it. I had no idea Beech Grovee would stock so much 9mm AR stuff.. I have never been to Beech Grove before but I will be checking out thier new shop first thing on Monday.

I am sure I can find it on here somewhere but thier website is still under construction. Does anyone know the new address or roughly where it is.

Top Bottom