• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I have one of the SL8-1's and many yrs ago I had planned on changing the looks of it to more like the G-36. I kind of lost interest in it but would like to know if anyone has done this and and might have some information on how to go about it. Also are there any high cap mags that will work in the original set up that are floating around for a reasonable price.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have one of the SL8-1's and many yrs ago I had planned on changing the looks of it to more like the G-36. I kind of lost interest in it but would like to know if anyone has done this and and might have some information on how to go about it. Also are there any high cap mags that will work in the original set up that are floating around for a reasonable price.

I think Elmores has one right now that's been converted if you wanted to take a look.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I used to hang out on HKPro back when I got this one and that was the beginning of the conversions. I do know it was expensive even back then. I was thinking as time passed and the novelty wore off it might be a little cheaper now. The HK tag means "money pit" at least as far as accessories go. I may look around on HKPro and see what I come up with. Thanks

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’ve always wanted one solely because it was the rifle upon which the main weapon in the F.E.A.R. game series is based off of, and I really enjoyed that series back in the day. But I ain’t made of money, so no SL8 for me… :crying:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I don't have one, but I have a buddy who does and I've shot it. It was a cool experience just to try something different (I'll shoot anything you hand me!), but I've gotta admit I didn't get the appeal. Especially for the price. But then again, that's been my reaction to most H&K products, so maybe I'm just not compatible with the brand.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If anyone is looking, PSA was selling them at 999 not long ago. I see they are back up to 1699 now, but who knows.

Top Bottom