• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had my AR15 out and pulled the BCG out and when not paying much attention, pushed the BCG back in without the Charging Handle. I'm imbarassed to say, but cannot figure out how to get the bolt back BCG back out. Someone please help me. Thanks in advance.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Should be able to just put your finger in the upper with it open and push it back.

Is it stuck in there? If so... ouch

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Glad you got it out, it's pretty easy to pop right back out. Don't feel stupid, I can guarantee you that you're not the 1st one to do it and won't be the last. I've done it plenty of times myself after a full range day of M16 qualifications, cleaning 20-30 of them you just go through the motions and forget to put the charging handle back in.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    That's ok........now for fun, take out the buffer and spring and then pull the charging handle back getting the BCG stuck in the tube :D

been there, done that........more than once :D

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I pushed it in all the way intel the "click" then knew I screwed up.....

OK. Just got it out. Feeling pretty stooopid right now. Thanks!

Hey brother,don't feel bad. I had my Glock slide stripped down this evening and slide it back on the frame without the barrel or recoil spring assembly.Had to drop the cover,slide out the striker to get it back off the slide assembly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I pushed it in all the way intel the "click" then knew I screwed up.....

OK. Just got it out. Feeling pretty stooopid right now. Thanks!

You show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hey brother,don't feel bad. I had my Glock slide stripped down this evening and slide it back on the frame without the barrel or recoil spring assembly.Had to drop the cover,slide out the striker to get it back off the slide assembly.

I had my Glock field stripped. Somehow the recoil spring guide got bound up and stuck out the front. Locked the slide up immediately. Had to release the trigger, hold the take down lever and beat the slide off with the palm of my hand. Worst part was the 1911 fan boy standing there laughing at me. Looking back it would have been pretty funny if it happened to somebody else.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The charging handle doesn't "do something" in there to release the BCG, just gives you something to grab to pull against the buffer spring. Against nothing, the BCG should pop out readily.

Multicam Beetle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    OK..I just ran into the same problem as the OP. Can you describe how you solved your stuck BCG issue? I had my parts out to show my buddy, left the room and when I came back he had an Oh F*** look on his face because he pushed the BCG in without the charging handle and now it is stuck. All I can think of is that the cam on top that rotates has rotated to the side so now it is getting stuck in the groove on the inside of the upper. I'm new to the whole game so I don't know how to get the BCG back out. How can I operate the BCG for the cam to rotate again? I did play around with the with the BCG when I got it, moving the cam back and forth so I understand how that works. I just hope its not a lost cause because I waited for 5 months to finally get my hands on a nice full auto, chromed, Young Manufacturing BCG.

Multicam Beetle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    I have the same problem right now, BCG stuck in upper, no charging handle with it. Could you explain what steps you took to get it out? I don't really have a clue of how to get it out....but since it went in there must be a way to get it out ;)

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I have the same problem right now, BCG stuck in upper, no charging handle with it. Could you explain what steps you took to get it out? I don't really have a clue of how to get it out....but since it went in there must be a way to get it out ;)

did you not read the first page of answers? Break it down and you should be able to slide it back with your finger, or gently pry it back with a screwdriver. It's seated not stuck... If you don't care about your stock, put'er back together and giver'er a rap on the ground stock first, that'll drop it.

Top Bottom