• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H&HMarine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Silver Lake
    What I am doing is customizing a nagant..I took a 91/30 and cut the barrel to 24" then I took a clamp on m44 flash hider and cut the clamp part off. I then took it to a mill and reamed it out so it slides on the barrel about 3/4" so now I want to kno what someone would recommend to attach it...silver solder or tig weld it? I am concerned about whether soldering it will damage the barrel because of the high heat. Welding I don't know if it would look very good. I am going to duracoat it when it is done so I coulc use a dremel and clean up the weld good before painting. This is my last step and I just wanted some opinions. It should be a pretty nice gun when I'm done even though I'm ruining a piece of history in some people's minds....I have a green laminate boyd's stock it is going in and sent the bolt out to have it swept back and welded on, then I need to find someone that can do some jeweling.

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I don't know if it would look good enough for you but, could you tap it and put a small set screw in it on the bottom side of the barrel. Might even put a small dimple on the barrel for it lock into. Just an idea....

Top Bottom