• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PsYcHo SqUiRrEl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Greenetucky
    I have a question about a shotgun barrel I have.

I have a Mossberg 500 that is my all around gun. I have a slug barrel for deer and a field barrel with chokes for general hunting. I also have an extra plain 26" barrel that originally came with it that I've been thinking of having cut down to 18.5", and drilled and tapped for a bead. Also, can it be rolled down any to give it some choke? I'd like to use this barrel for home defense use.

I was just wondering if this would be worth the trouble and if so is there anyone recommended. I don't want to sink a bunch of money into this project, just have the extra barrel laying around and thought I could get some use out of it.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    :mullet: Sawzall :)

If the extra barrel has a vent rib, you can usually get some fiber optic sights that go onto them. If not, you could always leave it sightless and just use it close quarters :rockwoot:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The Mossburg 500 is one of the great versatile shotguns. I think you have a good plan. Cut the barrel down to your length, but don't worry about a choke for buckshot until you pattern it. You will probably find that it will group plenty tight with buckshot out to 15 yards with no choke.

Get out the hacksaw...

Top Bottom