• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have an Adcor B.E.A.R. Elite and I'm having some issues. when shooting 5.56 (Fed. M855) with the gas setting in the 5.56 position the round will fire and the bolt will cycle ejecting the spent cartridge and go back into battery but it wont strip the next round from the mag. when i set the gas system to .223 it will cycle and load the next round just fine (still shooting 5.56) today I tried shooting some .223 (PMC i believe) and the gun would fire, eject casing and go back into battery without loading the next round no matter what setting the gas system was on. If it matters I am using Magpul gen 3 PMAGS. any help would be great.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    yes the bolt locks back on empty, not sure of the exact weight but its a carbine buffer that came in it when I got it new in June. I never had this problem with it before now.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Sounds like a problem with the switching system for the gas port. Have you cleaned it? I'd contact Adcor after the holidays about it and see what suggestions they have.

Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    Did you ever contact Adcor about this issue?

It sounds like I am having a very similar problem. Fires one round, ejects spent cartridge, doesn't chamber the next round unless I pull the charging handle after each round fired. Unfortunately, the trouble started for me this weekend which was my first trip out with this brand new rifle. I was able to get through ten rounds before the issue began. After switching the system between .223 and 5.56 and trying different ammo/magazines we decided to put my upper on my brothers Colt 6920 lower to test out the gas system--worked perfectly. Then we put his upper on my lower to see if the problem was there--also functioned properly...when we put the Adcor upper/lower together the issue remained!

Anyhow, I called Adcor yesterday and left a message. Haven't heard back from them yet. Please let me know if you were able to resolve the issue with your rifle when you get a chance. Thanks.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    yes, i contacted ADCOR customer service through their website. they told me to send my entire upper into them and they would look at it. they said it was a problem with the plating on the gas selector and they replaced it with the 4 position gas valve they usually put on the full auto version. I have taken it to the range since then and it works great now. oh and by the way....welcome to the forum

Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    yes, i contacted ADCOR customer service through their website. they told me to send my entire upper into them and they would look at it. they said it was a problem with the plating on the gas selector and they replaced it with the 4 position gas valve they usually put on the full auto version. I have taken it to the range since then and it works great now. oh and by the way....welcome to the forum

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the welcome! I spoke with Adcor today. They're sending me a shipping label to get the whole rifle back to them. Customer service seemed very good. Hopefully they'll get the problem resolved in a decent timeframe. How long did they have your rifle?

Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    I had it back within a week

I'd send this question via PM rather than bumping the thread but apparently my post count is too low to send PMs...

Anyhow thanks for your earlier responses!

I just recieved my rifle back from Adcor and turns out they ended up replacing my gas regulator with the 4 position valve as well. Since you are obviously more seasoned with the rifle having had it longer, I was wondering if you could let me know how to use this 4 position valve? Lol

Which position does it need to be set to shoot .223 or 5.56?

I appreciate your help:D

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    they should have sent you a piece of paper with it that says which positions are less gas and which are more, basically instead of having a .223 setting and a 5.56 setting you will have a 1-4 setting. each successive setting will let more gasses through to the piston than the setting before it. so if you are shooting a lower pressure round like wolf .223 you can set it to allow more gas through the valve so there is enough pressure to push the bolt all the way back adversely if you are firing a higher pressure round (M855 5.56) you can set it to allow less gas through so the bolt doesnt slam back too hard.

Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    they should have sent you a piece of paper with it that says which positions are less gas and which are more, basically instead of having a .223 setting and a 5.56 setting you will have a 1-4 setting. each successive setting will let more gasses through to the piston than the setting before it. so if you are shooting a lower pressure round like wolf .223 you can set it to allow more gas through the valve so there is enough pressure to push the bolt all the way back adversely if you are firing a higher pressure round (M855 5.56) you can set it to allow less gas through so the bolt doesnt slam back too hard.

Thanks for the reply...Ya, they didn't send me that paper...what setting (1-4) have you found to work for most .223 and "non M855" 5.56? All of the ammo I currently possess is .223 and XM193 5.56.

If I had any, what about M855 5.56?

I read the higher number (4) is the smallest aperture (least amount of gas) like for when you are running a suppressor...is that correct?

Again thanks for the help!

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    experiment a little, take your rifle and shoot it starting at setting 4. if it cycles well using 4 then leave it there, if it short strokes switch to setting 3. jeep going through the settings until you find the one that works best for your ammo.

Mr Solo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Millennium Falcon
    Got the rifle back and was still having the same issues, even with the new regulator. Contacted Adcor again and they really went the extra mile to rush the rifle back to them to get it sorted out. The weird thing is that the rifle seemed to work ok for them when they received it and test fired it...but they went ahead and upgraded multiple components inside the rifle to ensure that it was getting enough gas to run properly.

Mike Brown of Adcor Defense is awesome. He's really gone to great lengths working with me to get my issue resolved. Killer customer service!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom