• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have been on a search, for quit sometime I might add, for a particular gun.

When these guns were first brought to market, they could be had from $500-$700. However, Marlin just couldn't seem to either make them for very long are keep up with demand.

Now, add in the effect of current Remington/Marlin buyout/merger plant move, and with ReMarlin crappy QC, this is what a good quality Marlin 1894cs is going for on GB.

Marlin 1894 c Stainless Steel 357 Magnum : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

This is the exact gun I have been looking for for over two years. However, I refuse to pay that price, I just can not stomach that price for that type of gun.

And to be honest, Marlin was going to bring a 1894csbl to market, but again the merger and QC issues completely derailed that gun too. When it was first talked about I really liked it better than the 1894cs that I have been lusting for.
    Marlin_1894csbl.jpg

Sigh, sorry to whine, but doggonit, I really want to complete the little project I have in the works.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I haven't seen one with the rail on top, but the SS Marlin, USED to be about $100.00 or 150.00 higher than the blued one.... I agree, that PRICE, is rediculos ..... :twocents:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have wanted almost that exact same one for a while too, I love the stainless and laminate look. But there is no way I would pay that either.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Evan, think how cool the above pictured 1894csbl would be with threaded barrel, Aimpoint t1 , a custom made SS suppressor shooting .38spl loads.

I had contemplated a "tactical levergun" project just before I was bitten with the AR bug. I think your project sounds freakin' awesome!

Top Bottom