Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Anyone looking for a KelTec KSG? Inside!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    If you bought it, at least post some pics so we can drool, you lucky bastard
    Technically, I didn't say *I* got it, I just said it's gone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maverick18 View Post
    I also like how people rip kel tec for raising their price to the dealers with threat of a looming ban that the ksg was listed on. Let me give you a short lesson in business economics. When a company invests serious amounts of time and money (in the millions!) Into R&D on a new product, they have a number cruncher look at how many units they have to sell before they pay off the investment.
    So just for arguments sake lets say that number is 15, 000 units. And they have already sold 5k units. So when the government comes along and says they are going to try and make your product illegal before you can recoup the costs from your investment, what are yoi going to do? You increase the price to try and get to that point before your product can no longer be sold. Its that simple.
    Thanks for the lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    Fan-tastic! Will you take some pics? I always enjoy looking at a nice Johnson.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by maverick18 View Post
    I also like how people rip kel tec for raising their price to the dealers with threat of a looming ban that the ksg was listed on. Let me give you a short lesson in business economics. When a company invests serious amounts of time and money (in the millions!) Into R&D on a new product, they have a number cruncher look at how many units they have to sell before they pay off the investment.
    So just for arguments sake lets say that number is 15, 000 units. And they have already sold 5k units. So when the government comes along and says they are going to try and make your product illegal before you can recoup the costs from your investment, what are yoi going to do? You increase the price to try and get to that point before your product can no longer be sold. Its that simple.
    Let me give you a quick lesson on the free market: Given a commodity that is not necessary for survival or the overall functioning of the market, they are free to price their product however they like using whatever metric they want. If I don't like their actions or their product, I'm free to rip on them and not buy one.

I do own a manufacturing company, every time I prototype something out I take the risk that the item I make won't sell at the price point I set or that I may lose my investment. My company reputation, while not a tangible asset, has real value, and if my actions damage that reputation then my company value takes a hit. Personally, I would never do something like that which has the easily forseeable result in turning off a significant portion of my customers, especially for a company like KelTec which is not known for their high end product.
    IWTFM Eternal vigilance is the price of chickens. JFC advocate.

User Info Menu

Here is the gun I was referring to.
    UTAS UTS-15 Bullpup Shotgun Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com

User Info Menu

Would love to have a ksg but for the money they are going for, I'll take a benelli M4! LGS near Garrett has one instock for $2100 crazy!

User Info Menu

I'm a shotgun guy. I love my saiga 12s, Vepr, 870 and 590. I did get to shoot the KSG and i thought it was kind of cool. I liked the fact that it's short. I wasn't a fan of switching tubes as it sort of sneaks up on you. The gun is LIGHT as hell...when you shoot it in the beginning it's great By the time you get down to the last few rounds it's punishing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxNrX-9P--0[/ame]

15 rounds for the KSG Vs 20 rounds for a saiga 12 WIN SAIGA
    reloading 1 shell at a time VS Changing mags WIN SAIGA
    overal length... WIN KSG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vitamink View Post
    overal length... WIN KSG
    I think the Kushnapup stock makes the lengths really close - enough to call a tie?

NRA Life Member

Plinker

User Info Menu

Baby came home today.

User Info Menu

Nice! Gonna have a range report soon?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AutomationEngineer View Post
    Baby came home today.

You won the AR too didnt ya??? Luck was on your side. My father was going to bid on the KSG but after fondling it said he liked the weatherby more so he got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Faine View Post
    Fan-tastic! Will you take some pics? I always enjoy looking at a nice Johnson.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast