Anyone looking for a KelTec KSG? Inside!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If I were wanting to spend some $$$ on this instead of saving it for something else specific, it would have been mine ;)

Terre Haute Guns has a new KSG on the shelf. It just hit the store today, and its listed for just over $1000.

Decent price under normal circumstances, EXCELLENT prices in todays market.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    ya 1K$ is to much, i beleive the original MSRP was right aroun 800$. They just showed there a** flat out saying they were going to flat out jack up prices during the pending legislations. And i beleive bradis sent them a letter stating they wont do business with them because of this reason until they bring there prices back to normal.......

******I wasnt trying to speak for bradis , so i hope i am not upsetting anyone. I thought i remember shooter saying something like that in reference to a member asking about a KSG. If im wrong i apologize******

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Just in the interest of saving others some time, don't bother racing there for the ksg, it's gone. Nice guys and a nice shop, though, worth a stop as long as you're not hoping for the ksg.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Just in the interest of saving others some time, don't bother racing there for the ksg, it's gone. Nice guys and a nice shop, though, worth a stop as long as you're not hoping for the ksg.

be sure to wipe my drool off the receiver. ;) or maybe its just greasy face residue....... either way.....

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Never shot one but I did check one out at Westside loan a few weeks ago. While it was kinda neat I would not pay even 800.00 for one. It had a large amount of cheap looking and feeling parts on it imo.

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The preorder msrp for the ksg 12 was 627.99 I think, or maybe that was a web special. Either way, I'm not a fan of kel-tec handguns, not sure why I'd like their shotgun. One of the guys here bought one for 2300 at the NRA auction last weekend, maybe he can give us a range report.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Never shot one but I did check one out at Westside loan a few weeks ago. While it was kinda neat I would not pay even 800.00 for one. It had a large amount of cheap looking and feeling parts on it imo.

I heartily agree with the bolded portion. I would like one, but only at about half the current asking prices, even MSRP (which is around $800 if i'm not mistaken?) makes me not really want one. The fit and finish just doesn't hold up to the price tag.

Great concept, decent implementation, way inflated price tag. maybe in a year or two when the hype wears off.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Current MSRP on the KSG now stands at $1295 according to the website. I found a UTS-15 shotgun and I had to have one. Once I discovered that a KSG may be available at the banquet with the logo engraving, I did a little research and decided to try and purchase that one.

The UTS-15 I saw was selling for 2 grand, so I figured that I would have a one of a kind gun in more ways than one, and was willing to shell out for the privilege, especially since it went to a good cause.

As soon as I get it to the range, I will let you know, but it is a lot more solid than it looks in the pictures or on Youtube video. I will keep you posted.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    My friend has one and I can't say i'm impressed with it. It's a good idea poorly executed by Kel-Tec imho. I found another of similar design at a show and it felt like it was built much better. I can't remember who/what it was.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some of you are spouting what you've read on the Internet and clearly have never run one. No, really.

Shot one, there alright not real practical but who is buying it for hunting or clays anyway.

To make matters worse, Kel-Tec announced in November 2012 that they were upping the wholesale price of the KSG by almost $300, in an effort to recoup their development costs in advance of any "assault weapons" ban. :n00b: As a result, we have suspended taking orders for KSGs, and are refusing any we are offered until Kel-Tec comes to its senses and brings the price back down.

And thats coming from one of Indys finest gunshops. One reason why I will never run one. :rolleyes:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    The cost thing is definitely a valid concern. Practical? Certainly not for hunting or skeet, but a bullpup has some distinct advantages over a traditional shotgun for HD or cqb. Yes, and some disadvantages, I'm certainly not saying they're the best thing ever, just that some of the people in this thread are spouting Internet dribble and clearly have never played with one. The first time I saw one, I expected and wanted to hate it. I hate keltec pistols, and intended to try it just to laugh at it...

And it was FUN. And sturdy. And fun, did I mention that? If you can shoot the ksg and not have a lot of fun doing it, you're a freak.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I also like how people rip kel tec for raising their price to the dealers with threat of a looming ban that the ksg was listed on. Let me give you a short lesson in business economics. When a company invests serious amounts of time and money (in the millions!) Into R&D on a new product, they have a number cruncher look at how many units they have to sell before they pay off the investment.
    So just for arguments sake lets say that number is 15, 000 units. And they have already sold 5k units. So when the government comes along and says they are going to try and make your product illegal before you can recoup the costs from your investment, what are yoi going to do? You increase the price to try and get to that point before your product can no longer be sold. Its that simple.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012

If you bought it, at least post some pics so we can drool, you lucky bastard :ar15:

Top Bottom