Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swissrifles1 View Post
    I have a Boyds walnut stock ,handguard, buttplate and barrel bands, spare barrel ,sling, sling bar, trigger guard, pm me for more info. Who ever did that to that once awesome rifle, needs to be ***** slapped.

Nice!

If he doesn't want it, I'll take it.
    In God we trust. Everyone else... Keep your hands where I can see them.

User Info Menu

After a couple days working on the rifle it is shaping up pretty nice...

as you can see all of the rust and debris inside and out are gone, the blueing on the rifle is still in pretty good condition so I may not have to hot blue it. The bore is nice and shiny and the muzzle crown is in good shape. the bolt shined up really bright with a soft cloth and a dab of Flitz. Once I get a new stock and the furniture I think this ole gal is ready to run.
    sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

User Info Menu

awesome! I saw your post yesterday and though that rifle wasn't worth messing with, but you have brought it back from the dead for sure.

I would find a good stock for it, and leave it alone, just shoot it!
    RIFLEMAN

I love 'lovemywoods'' woods!

User Info Menu

I would never have believed it was the same rifle. You have saved it. Excellent job!

Les

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lmyer View Post
    I would never have believed it was the same rifle. You have saved it. Excellent job!

Les
    thank you thank you but please hold your applause until you see her in the stock. I'll post pics in a few days of that.

User Info Menu

I was in BGF today and they one of these rifles in stock, it looks like a fun rifle, they wanted $350 for it, whats the price range on these rifles?

User Info Menu

$350 sounds about fair, I have seen them a little cheaper and I have seen them more expensive. when you get it dont forget to check under the buttplate to see if the soldier that it was issued to originally has his name and information on a tag inside.

User Info Menu

I got a beautiful walnut stock made by Boyd's Riflestocks from swissrifles1 and cant say thank you enough. the fit isn't perfect and will need some minor filing. the action will need to be glass bedded but I am going to put in some temporary shims for now so I can take her out for a test drive. I still need to pick up a magazine and a bayonet but I will put some pics up tomorrow afternoon of the work so far.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RabbleRouser View Post
    I got a beautiful walnut stock made by Boyd's Riflestocks from swissrifles1 and cant say thank you enough. the fit isn't perfect and will need some minor filing. the action will need to be glass bedded but I am going to put in some temporary shims for now so I can take her out for a test drive. I still need to pick up a magazine and a bayonet but I will put some pics up tomorrow afternoon of the work so far.
    Can't wait to see how it comes out. You really did a fantastic job of getting that barrel and action restored!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Can't wait to see how it comes out. You really did a fantastic job of getting that barrel and action restored!
    +1

Les

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast