• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I was talking to the manager of my apartment complex about what else....guns. I told him about my recent K31 restoration and a few other projects I have been working on. He mentioned to me ha had met a guy at the local hardware store and was going to go shoot with him and that this guy he had met has an AK-50 which he then described to me was a .50 caliber Ak variant. I like to think I am pretty knowledgeable in the firearms field and at least somewhat up to date but I have never heard of a beast such as this....was my buddy blowing smoke up my arse or was the guy at the hardware blowing smoke up his or could this monster actually exist somewhere? Have any of you heard of or seen such a thing?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Russian 6P62 Anti-Material Rifle. It is essentially just an AK (heavily reinforced, of course) that is chambered for the Russian 12.7x108mm round, a bit more powerful version of our 12.7x99mm M2H.

Bigger than a 50 cal.

k0sjzl.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Maybe he was mixing the name up with the AR50? There is an AR available in .50 Beowulf, that uses standard AR mags with the ammo in single stack format, and an AR in .50BMG which is a single shot with a very specially designed upper to handle that monster.

As for an AK in any .50 cal, unless it is a custom, I have never heard of one.

Updated after being 2 min after smokingman, do you really think any of those are in this country? Interesting shoulder buster!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe he was mixing the name up with the AR50? There is an AR available in .50 Beowulf, that uses standard AR mags with the ammo in single stack format, and an AR in .50BMG which is a single shot with a very specially designed upper to handle that monster.

As for an AK in any .50 cal, unless it is a custom, I have never heard of one.

Updated after being 2 min after smokingman, do you really think any of those are in this country? Interesting shoulder buster!

There is no way any are here legally.None.And even in Russia it is an experimental design.I say the guy who claimed to have a 50 cal ak is blowing smoke.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Far was i know no .50 build has reliably cycling here in the states a few have tried... there is one video of a weaponsguild member test firing a .50 beowulf...never heard or seen the any proof the 50bmg ak was ever built yet alone worked reliably...Id love to be wrong on this guy's

Top Bottom