• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    So I bought a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BWK-92 yesterday (I'll post pictures and the like tonight probably, unless I try to get out to Danville Conservations meeting tonight so I actually have a place to shoot the thing, but that depends on how the day at work goes, perhaps I"ll have to wait a month).

Anyway, stay focused Ryan (haven't had my coffee yet)... I was googling last night and really couldn't find much in the way of parts and accessories for a [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BWK-92. I don't know what AK parts will work with it and which won't. I'm new to the AK world so I really have no clue. Anyone own a [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BWK-92? Can anyone help? I want to possibly change out the thumb hole stock, and I saw a lot ar-style rail mounting systemms last night... it might be fun to have at least a top mount for optics. Also I want to build up a nice supply of spare parts.
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the world of the .223 Norincos Ryan! Unfortunately parts for any Chinese rifles are hard to come by. You can put any standard Chinese furniture on the BWK which started life as a Norinco 84S before becoming infringed upon by a bunch of unconstitutional laws.

The Chinese receivers were slightly thicker than the European ones, so you can use any stock set on it, but will have to do some fitting to get Euro stuff to work. You can still find Norinco stock sets, so you can return yours to it's almost proper "evil" look. As for pre-Bush gas and sight blocks to get the bayo mount and cleaning rod holder, you have better luck getting a tax break than finding those two parts.

If you do come across spares, anything that will work on the 84S will work on your BWK.

My favorite AK type is the Norinco .223 which is one of the more accurate of all AK variants. Add to that the great Norinco trigger and you have one very nice rifle!

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Welcome to the world of the .223 Norincos Ryan! Unfortunately parts for any Chinese rifles are hard to come by. You can put any standard Chinese furniture on the BWK which started life as a Norinco 84S before becoming infringed upon by a bunch of unconstitutional laws.

The Chinese receivers were slightly thicker than the European ones, so you can use any stock set on it, but will have to do some fitting to get Euro stuff to work. You can still find Norinco stock sets, so you can return yours to it's almost proper "evil" look. As for pre-Bush gas and sight blocks to get the bayo mount and cleaning rod holder, you have better luck getting a tax break than finding those two parts.

If you do come across spares, anything that will work on the 84S will work on your BWK.

My favorite AK type is the Norinco .223 which is one of the more accurate of all AK variants. Add to that the great Norinco trigger and you have one very nice rifle!

Alright. :) I'll just have to find another bwk for parts :) mwahahha just like I did with my Romanian trainer heh.

Top Bottom