• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I bought a REMINGTON 11-87 shotgun it has a 26 inch barrel with a fiber optic sight, extended mag tube(think it's a 8+1) plastic forearm & buttstock, Pacmeyer butt-pad. Shotgun looks in excellent condition, paid $320, how good are the 11-87:dunno:

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I have an 11-87 special purpose with the 20" barrel with rifle sights that I use to deer hunt with. I've used it for the last ten years and only had one problem. It broke the extractor, but other than that it has been nothing but a work horse

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Id say you stole that shotgun for $320...heck Id buy 10 of them for that much and make some $$$. I own 2 of the 1187's. On is a Premier and the other is a Sportsman. The sportsman has been my deer shotgun for the last 8 years now. Never had any problems with it. The premier is a safe queen that will probably be handed down to my son when he is old enough to hunt.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I bought a REMINGTON 11-87 shotgun it has a 26 inch barrel with a fiber optic sight, extended mag tube(think it's a 8+1) plastic forearm & buttstock, Pacmeyer butt-pad. Shotgun looks in excellent condition, paid $320, how good are the 11-87:dunno:

You got a great buy. Appears that with the extended magazine, the gun would make for an excellent home defense weapon. I, too owned the 1187 Special Purpose 12 gauge. I traded it off a few years ago after injuring both shoulders in accidents. I have since acquired a 1187 in 20 gauge. Love it also. Then when dad died I got his 870 in 20 gauge. I consider both as my primary home defense weapons. Both the 12 gauge and 20 gauge have operated flawlessly for me. to me there is a significant reduction in felt recoil between the gauges without a major dropoff in performance, especially at closer ranges. I mounted a 21 inch barrel on my 1187 and a 18 inch smooth slug barrel on my 870 again for possible home defense purposes. Enjoy your quality weapon.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    You got a great buy. Appears that with the extended magazine, the gun would make for an excellent home defense weapon. I, too owned the 1187 Special Purpose 12 gauge. I traded it off a few years ago after injuring both shoulders in accidents. I have since acquired a 1187 in 20 gauge. Love it also. Then when dad died I got his 870 in 20 gauge. I consider both as my primary home defense weapons. Both the 12 gauge and 20 gauge have operated flawlessly for me. to me there is a significant reduction in felt recoil between the gauges without a major dropoff in performance, especially at closer ranges. I mounted a 21 inch barrel on my 1187 and a 18 inch smooth slug barrel on my 870 again for possible home defense purposes. Enjoy your quality weapon.
    Add a rubber butt-pad for softer recoil

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The new R3 pad is softer than the old "regular" Remington pad (solid or vented).
    It looks cheap though (IMHO).
    I put one on an 1100 converted to magnum, worked fine.
    My SP 1100 and Express Supermag 870 both run the older pads.
    I could tell the new R3 softened things a bit, but the look and feel of the old was good enough for me than I have not changed them.

Top Bottom