SIGM400 SRP with a Bushmaster 450 upper?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Does anyone know how well a Bushmaster 450 upper would work with a SIGM400 lower? I would like to eventually buy an AR-15 in 5.56, and would like to be able to convert it to 450 for hunting deer. I have been looking at the SIGM400 SRP, but I wanted to know if that would work well with the Bushmaster 450 upper. Also would there be anything else I would need to switch out? I would greatly appreciate any insight into or advice on this. Thanks.

SIGM400 SRP
    Bushmaster Upper Receiver Assemblies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have the same model (love it BTW)...but you might want to call SIG to check. They have a tension pin under the rear take down pin to eliminate wobble and movement, so I'm not sure if that might be a problem or not. From the looks of upper and lower after taking mine apart, I don't think it would be a problem...but I'm not doctor, I just play one on TV

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Thanks. It is nice to hear from someone in this forum that actually has the SIG. I appreciate you sharing your opinion on it. Your comment is consistent with a lot of the reviews I saw about that model. Most people seem to really like it, especially for the price. I'll contact SIG to see what they have to say about it.

BuckCreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Well I got the information I was looking for from the Bushmaster support.

My email to them:
    Will the Bushmaster 450 Upper Receiver / Bbl. Assembly Part No:F1007571 fit and work with the lower from a SIG M400 SRP (SIG Item Number: RM400-16B-C-SRP)?
    Thanks.

Their email to me:
    Yes sir it will, the upper should fit nicely and work without issue. Thank you for choosing Bushmaster.

:)

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    My cousin and I both have M400s. Fantastic guns. My brother has a PSA that cheap thermolds wouldn't seat in but would seat in mine.

Top Bottom