• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    He's the auction ARMSCORP M14 WITH CHOTE FOLDING STOCK : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com
    Armscorp M14, in super condition, very low round count (less than 500rnds), Chote Folding stock, (5) 20 rnd mag, and (3) 40rnd mags, also included is a Springfield 4x14x56 scope
    pix690387200.jpg

pix640211745.jpg

pix641704799.jpg

pix284381629.jpg

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I see it appears to be pre-ban? Or did the previous owner build the rifle? If the rifle was a SA I would say you stole it, but I do not know much about Armscorp?Are the magazines GI or aftermarket? Looks great non-the less.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Maybe. :dunno:??

Sold 'AS IS' makes me nervous. Springfield had issues with some of their scopes before getting out of the scope business altogether (and I bet there is not enough rise on the buttstock to get a proper cheek weld and get a good sight picture through the scope). These days Armscorp is in my book nearly on a par with Taurus, it doesn't say when this one was mfg'd. But I still would not expect better than rack grade accuracy.

Beyond that. Congrats! You now own an M14 pattern rifle!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    At $1,428 for the ARMSCORP M-14 with SPRINGFIELD ARMORY scope mount & 4-14x56 scope i though it was a deal he is the link for a scope like what's on the rifle for sale Springfield Armory Scope 7.62 4x14X56mm VG-EX : Gun Scopes at GunBroker.com

Well, yes. IF it all works as designed. I'm not trying to knock your purchase but trying to keep reality in check. I researched that paticular scope A LOT for myself. Some had problems with the crosshairs when adjusting for elevation. Some, not all. But you never knew until you worked it. I've talked to 2 different gun friends that have had less than satisfactory experiences buying over the internet recently. If it all works, you're golden!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I don't think Armscorp M14s were made by the current Armscorp based in the Phillipines. I think they were a Baltimore based company that ceased production many years ago.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I don't think Armscorp M14s were made by the current Armscorp based in the Phillipines. I think they were a Baltimore based company that ceased production many years ago.

Yes, I'm sure others will confirm you are correct on that statement. Forgot about that..

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Armscorp M14 From 1987 to 1994, Armscorp of America or Armscorp USA produced investment-cast semi-auto M14 receivers. During the first year of production, Armscorp receivers were supplied by Smith Manufacturing of Holland, Ohio, which were heat treated and finish machined by Armscorp. From 1988 to 1994, Armscorp made its own investment cast receivers of AISI 8620 steel. A few receivers with an 'S' serial number prefix were made of stainless steel. From approximately 1994 until 2008, Armscorps receiver castings were supplied by the Lamothermic Corporation of Brewster, New York.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I think you did ok for the market....however I couldn't see a clear s/n. I would want to know that to look up production date. Also I bet it has mostly USGI parts, I would like a list of those to drool over. If it doesn't seem to shoot accurate don't blame the scope before you try a different mount......like a Bassett (hint).

And if you don't like the stock I'm sure you can sell it, a traditional USGI stock are not expensive, I prefer USGI in case you didn't figure that out yet...lol.

I got my Federal Ordanace M14 off gun broker a few yrs ago for 1100.00, it came with 2 stocks a 4 mags and shoots like a dream. Enjoy your rifle.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    If it doesn't seem to shoot accurate don't blame the scope before you try a different mount......like a Bassett (hint).

^Ditto^ Scrap the crappy Springfield Armory scope mount(garbage). +1 on the Basset mount. ARMS and Sadlak also make quality mounts, but the Basset is tough to beat and has been proven time and time again.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I think you did ok for the market....however I couldn't see a clear s/n. I would want to know that to look up production date. Also I bet it has mostly USGI parts, I would like a list of those to drool over. If it doesn't seem to shoot accurate don't blame the scope before you try a different mount......like a Bassett (hint).

And if you don't like the stock I'm sure you can sell it, a traditional USGI stock are not expensive, I prefer USGI in case you didn't figure that out yet...lol.

I got my Federal Ordanace M14 off gun broker a few yrs ago for 1100.00, it came with 2 stocks a 4 mags and shoots like a dream. Enjoy your rifle.

I have a bassett mount with a simmons 4x scope, I have a LEUPOLD VX2 6-18x40 with target knobs just laying around, but the bigger problem is that the seller is trying to dodge me, hasn't told me how much the shipping is going to be, mite have to report him to gunbroker

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Well if you ever need another Bassett mount, hit me up. I just EBRd my M1A and it came with a cantilever mount, so I don't need mine anymore.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think I would keep the mags, remove the scope from the mount, sell the scope and mount seperatly, and then sell the rifle. I think you paid market price for it. No offense, but I think the stock is ugly and useless on an M1A. If that stock is worth more than a USGI stock, then I would buy a USGI stock, put the rifle in it, then sell the rifle and other stock seperatly as well. Just my opinion of course.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Still playing cat & mouse games with the seller, i call his phone & leave a message, but no replies from him, as for his e-mail, its gone, my e-mails to him are undelivered

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Still playing cat & mouse games with the seller, i call his phone & leave a message, but no replies from him, as for his e-mail, its gone, my e-mails to him are undelivered

It sounds like you may not have to worry about what you paid for it, if you can't get him to reply. I too sell on gunbroker from time to time and a very good friend does as well. My friend has told me as of late, he has been having issues with some buyers that have a lot of feedback. It seems like gunbroker may have an abundance of flakes lately.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I think I would keep the mags, remove the scope from the mount, sell the scope and mount seperatly, and then sell the rifle. I think you paid market price for it. No offense, but I think the stock is ugly and useless on an M1A. If that stock is worth more than a USGI stock, then I would buy a USGI stock, put the rifle in it, then sell the rifle and other stock seperatly as well. Just my opinion of course.

So, you're saying it should look more like this? (Yes, that is a Bassett mount)

M1AScoped_zpsa5257961.jpg

Top Bottom