• ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well I finally had her out. And I loved the results. :rockwoot:

So after screwing around getting her on paper at the 100 Yard Range, we headed to the 200 yard range to have some fun.

First I tried CBC Sniper 168gr rounds. They were awesome, and held some pretty decent groups. I had one flyer in this group (I think I flinched) But the other 3 shots were pretty close. For those that haven't used the shoot and see targets, those target patches are between the size of a nickle and a quarter.

Next kind of ammo I tried was the Federal Gold Metal Match 168gr. These did extremely well (the three shot group on the north side of the bullseye).

Then I messed around a lot, the rest of the day, shooting offhand, going prone, trying bags vs the bipod. Really, I was just trying to get to know her better. I am so glad I had the barrel threaded for that PWS Muzzle Break. It tames her down, and the barrel doesn't move more than a centimeter when fired. But she is loud.

For the last group of the day, I went back to the CBC 168gr Sniper. It does not group as well as the Federal Gold Metal Match, but at less than $1 a round, totally worth plinking with.

I can't wait to get her out and really stretch her legs a bit more.
    :ingo:

Top Bottom