• ...and so much more!
  • Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    How this happened:

a while back back I was with a buddy and we got talking about how fast the prices on ARs were dropping. After a few beers he bet me I couldn't build a complete AR for under $600.00, of course I took that bet and here is the finished product.

1. The lower, I used to be one of those guys that said they would never own a poly lower, well New Frontier brought out their Gen 2 lower and I started to see some pretty good reviews. Never having owned one, I figured it would be a good time to get some first hand experience with one. Besides, a complete lower was $98.00, no tax, no shipping, just a FFL fee. Total invested = $123.00

Photo

2. Upper, was going to build one but Black Friday was right around the corner, found a complete upper at Primary arms for $349.00 no tax, no shipping. ATI, 16" melon ire coated bbl, M16 BCG, M4 feed ramps, etc., Made in the good ole USA

Photo

3. Primary Arms also had mags on sale for $7.99. Aluminum with magpul followers

Photo

4 Red Dot sight. Found this on Amazon, figured WTH, for 28.99 I reach my goal and win my bet. If this turns out to be a POS (which I think it will) I have 30 days to return it, I can find good iron sights for about the same price or even cheaper.
    Photo

there you have it, total =$508.98. If you subtract the bet, total was $408.98!

again, this is not my SHTF gun or even a HG, it's a plinker. I haven't shot it yet but should be able to get a couple of hundred rounds through it this weekend. I will let you know.

sorry about the links, ipad is not cooperating.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    $500 with a full auto bcg to boot! Good job!!

Make sure you post up how you like shooting it. I have heard the buzz about the new frontier lowers and I would like to see it turn out to be true.

Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    $500 with a full auto bcg to boot! Good job!!

Make sure you post up how you like shooting it. I have heard the buzz about the new frontier lowers and I would like to see it turn out to be true.
    thanks, I've been hearing that buzz as well, that was one of the reasons I went with the NF lower.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Really cool. Glad to see there are a few good deals to be had after all. I will be building another AR-15 sometime this winter. I got offered crazy money for mine during the panic and sold it. About time to replace it.

MrJewbagel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    West Laffy
    Fit is impressive. The whole lower is pretty tight, I wouldn't want to build a stripped one. In my research it was recommended you buy a complete lower.
    I've found the same thing, although I've always wanted to do a complete build... One of these days.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Tagged for review. I'm amazed you were able to do it for that price. Looking forward to seeing how it does at the range.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just bought one for my sister for Black Friday:

PSA Enhanced Lower Build Kit: 79.99
    PSA Upper, no BCG or charging handle: 189.99
    PSA BCG: 89.99
    Anderson lower: 85.00
    Charging handle: Free, had an extra