Look what the FedEx man left me today...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Three bandoleers, 210 rounds of 1941 Turkish 8mm...
    ABunchOfBandoleers_zps8436cac3.jpg

I can't think of anything more correct to shoot out of a 1941 Turk Mauser...
    TurkPostCleaning05RightWithBayo_zpsf3ffd03a.jpg

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    The blue bandoleers, I've had for years. I believe them to be WWII era German.

The Turk Mauser was an interesting story. Turkey made their early Mauser by cobbling captured parts. By the early 1940s, they standardized their design to the WWI K98 Mauser configuration. About 1940/41 they started manufacturing their own. This one happens to be a 1941 K.Kale. Yep, a darn sturdy big ole smoke pole with a darn long barrel. You just never know what you might find in that back room at Bradis!

Read more here:

Turk Mauser - Model of 1938

It kicks less than the K98k because it is a more robust rifle.
    TurkPostCleaning01BNZandKALEwBAYO_zps1f93995a.jpg

Last edited:

Southbendfamily

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    SBN
    I think I have about 800 rounds of that stuff. Got an old Mauser that kicks like a mule, so don't think I'll ever shoot it all. Just remember to inspect every case, very well.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    Gotta love the FedEx guys... one recently left 200 rounds of .308 sitting on my porch for me... would have been nicer if he had actually knocked on the door before taking off though...

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    +1

I never been a big fan of the older bolt guns, but this has caught my eye. I really want to shoot one now. Im sure it could shoot better than me though.

One of the first times I shot my K98k, I stuck a bottle cap on a tree stump, backed up about 25 yards and shot from off hand/no sling.
    AMauserK98k.jpg

I really thought I had no chance hitting it.
    AMauserK98kBottleCap.jpg

VIETVET191

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Gotta love the FedEx guys... one recently left 200 rounds of .308 sitting on my porch for me... would have been nicer if he had actually knocked on the door before taking off though...
    That's nothing. Last year FedEx left 200 rounds of 7.63x25 for my broomhandle with a neighbor about 5 houses down the road. Luckily, my neighbor had no use for them and brought them to me.
    Every time I order ammo I have to sign for it. Surprised he didn't want a signature.

Top Bottom